Brokenhearted

Despite the name, this is actually a pretty happy scenario.
______________________________________________

Everyone knew that James Kirk and (Y/N) (L/N) had a thing. They constantly flirted, stole glances at each other, and just plain had that look in their eyes. Everyone wondered, why haven't they hooked up yet? Well, it might have something to do with Jim pushing his feelings for (Y/N) away, resulting in him hooking up with a new woman every night. (Y/N) stayed away from that kind of thing, but didn't push her feelings for the Enterprise captain away; rather, she indulged them. She shook her head at the constant one night stands the man had, and tried to ignore them. Now that they were on a five year mission in space, the man couldn't hook up if he wanted to. Unless he wanted to accidentally get a Klingon woman pregnant. Because that was an option, too.

(Y/N) sighed, thinking about Kirk yet again. She pushed the thoughts away as the man entered the room, sitting in his chair.

"All those dirty thoughts of me~" Jim teased you.

"They were never yours to keep!" You told dramatically and pointed at him.

"I have summed all your constant bickering to be that of major sexual attraction." Spock commented, causing yours and Kirk's faces to go crimson. You flicked his ear.

"I don't like your attitude, Pointy." You muttered.

"I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"

"Shut it, Pointy."

"Is that an ignorant way of making fun of my heritage?" Spock asked, feeling mocked. You smirked.

"So what if it is?" You flirted without even trying. Spock glared, not having a comeback this time. Jim felt a pang of jealousy in his chest.

This is more than the typical kind of thing.
Felt the Jones in my bones as you were touching me.
Woah oh, didn't want to take it slow~

In a daze, going crazy, I can barely think.
You're replaying in my brain, I find it hard to think.
Whoa oh, waiting for my phone to blow.

Kirk found himself standing from his chair, walking back into his quarters.

"Captain?" Spock said, trying to catch his attention. "Have Cadet (Y/N) and I done something to upset you?" He asked, earning a grunt from Jim in reply.

"I'm afraid a grunt is not considered a proper response, sir." The first officer said.

"No, you haven't. Don't worry about it." James said bitterly. You knew not to jump into their conversations, and Spock decided not to press the matter.

Now I'm here in a sticky situation; in a little trouble, now I'm here pacing.
5 minutes, 10 minutes, now it's been an hour.
I don't wanna think too hard, but I'm sour.
Woah oh, I can't seem to let you go.

Jim lay on his bed, thinking. Had all those meaningless one night stands somehow turned you against him in the sense he would never have a chance with you? Maybe. Had he really messed up that bad?

Suddenly, there was a knock at his door.

"It's open." He said. Chekov walked in.

"I vas asked to check up on you by Cadet (L/N). Vill you be coming back to zhe breedge?" Chekov's thick Russian accent lingered in the air as Jim considered coming back down. "Shall I tell Miss (L/N) no zhen?" Pavel asked, a bit timidly. Kirk nodded. Chekov have him a nod and headed for the door.

"Wait, Chekov!" Jim called, sitting up.

"Yes, Keptin?" Pavel turned to face him.

"I need some advice," James said, unsure. Pavel nodded for him to continue, sitting down near the Captain's bed.

See, I've been waiting all day, for you to call me 'baby.'
So, let's get up, let's get on it, don't you leave me brokenhearted, tonight.
Honest, baby, I'll do anything you want to.
So, can we finish what we started?
Don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight.

"So, there's this girl. That I like. A lot. Like, more than a friend." Jim started.

(Y/N). Pavel thought. Even the young 17-year-old ensign knew of Kirk's thing for you before he even said it.

"And I don't know how to tell her. Or ask her out." Jim looked down at his hands resting in his crossed legs.

"Vell, maybe just tell her how you feel. Vhat's zhe vorst zhat could happen, Keptin?" Pavel said honestly.

"I get rejected," James replied. That's a factor Chekov hadn't considered.

"I doubt (Y/N) vould reject you, Keptin." Pavel smirked slightly. Jim's head shot up at the mention of your name. It was a surprise to see such a swashbuckling man in a state like this.

"She has a thing for you, too." Chekov smirked and walked out the door. James smiled brightly at the thought, and walked confidently to the Bridge.

What's the time? Such a crime, not a single word.
Sipping on that Patrón just to calm my nerves.
Popping bottles by the phone.
Had me up, had me down, turn me inside out.
That's enough, call me up; baby, I'm in doubt.
I don't even think you know, no no.

Jim watched you from his chair, observing your every move. Though your red shirt meant you were an engineering and weapons expert, you often found yourself in the Bridge, as an excuse to be around the Captain, someone you had always seemed to admire from afar.

The way his dirty blonde hair was always pushed back slightly, the brilliant blue of his eyes always having a mysterious glimmer to them; something that seemed to be on the top of your tongue, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it.

See, I've been waiting all day, for you to call me, baby.
So, let's get up, let's get on it, don't you leave me brokenhearted, tonight.
Honest, baby, I'll do anything you want to.
So, can we finish what we started?
Don't you leave me brokenhearted, tonight.

Jim mentally cursed himself when he saw you walk back into engineering after you had finished your conversation with Chekov. Suddenly, he had an idea. You were probably going to hate him for it later, but here goes nothing. He took a deep breath, and over every single speaker on the ship, Jim Kirk announced his love for you.

"I apologize in advance to anyone and everyone." He said. He took another deep breath. "(Y/N), since the day you were assigned to my ship, from the moment I saw you, I knew you were the one. There was just something about you that made my stomach flip, and my heart skip a beat. I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I see you. When I hear your voice, it's music to my ears. It's like there are a thousand church bells ringing when you call my name." All you heard for a few moments was the sound of his breathing. "Kirk out." He said and quickly sat in his chair. You were shocked, to say the least. The Captain Kirk, in love with... You?? Scotty gave you a look, and you ran from the Warp Core to the main Bridge, where Kirk sat in his chair. You had run so fast that you were out of breath by the time you reached the Captain.

"Your feelings are reciprocated." You said, before panting and falling to the ground from exhaustion.

Anything you wanna do, I'll be on it, too.
Anything you said is like gold with the view.
Business in the front, party in the back.
Maybe I was wrong, was the outfit really wack?

This kind of thing doesn't happen, usually.
I'm on the opposite side of it, truthfully.
I know you want it, so come and get it~
Cheerio!

James chuckled and picked you up, you still being a panting, blushing mess. Before anything else could happen, he leant in and pressed his lips to yours. It felt as if the whole galaxy was exploding into fireworks around you, and it was just you two; you and Kirk.

Yeah, I've been waiting all day, for you to call me, baby.
So, let's get up, let's get on it, don't you leave me brokenhearted, tonight.
Honest, baby, I'll do anything to want to.
So, can we finish what we started?
Don't you leave me brokenhearted, tonight.

When you gonna call?
Don't leave me brokenhearted.
I've been waiting up.
Let's finish what we started.
I can't seem to let you go.
Come on, that's right!