16 | Asgard Part. 1

16 | Asgard
[Part 1]

_______________________________

"Promise me that you will take care of my daughter. Our daughter" Abby whispered and looked into my eyes. Her minutes were counted as she took her last breath. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I saw the love of my life, the mother of my child die in my arms. Slowly fading away into an empty shell.

"I promise" I sobbed and kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes and let out her final breath. Placing my head against her chest her heart took its last beat and the quietness filled her beautiful chest.

"No!" I cried and pressed her tighter against my chest. "Please, don't leave me!"

I knew I was too late, she was gone and there were nothing I could do. The love of my life was gone and I could never get her back.

But miracles do happen ....

I was made for a single purpose, to save people and lead this country to victory when we needed it the most, but now I have failed. She's dead. I couldn't save her, even though my desperate tries it wasn't enough. More tears rolled down my cheeks as I heard her voice next to me.

"Abby" Nat cried and crashed down next to me. Meeting her watery eyes tears streamed down her cheeks as I put my arm around her and dragged her into my embrace. She snuffled her face into my chest and sobbed. Hugging my daughter I let go of Abby's dead body and put my arms around her.

She was all I had left know.

My little girl.

My little Abby.

"It's okay" I tried to comfort her but my voice failed me and I knew it wasn't true. "We will get through this. Together"

"No!" She cried "I just found her, my mother and now she's dead. Gone. Again" I looked up at the other, not bearing to see her shed another tear for her mother to meet Tony's eyes. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he covers his face with his hands and walked into the cockpit.

Turning back to Natasha she had left my now warm chest and locked her eyes on Abby. Even thought the cuts, bruises and dark circles under her eyes, even though the life was drained from her body she still looked breathtaking, but in peace.

No worries troubling her pretty eyes or furrowed brows, she's somewhere better. A place without danger and trouble, a place where she can live the life she wants, live the life she should have lived.

"It might be away" Thor spoke with a raspy voice and looked up to meet my bloodshot eyes.

"What?" I asked in between sobbed and wiped the tears away from my cheeks. My mind needing confirmation of what my ears might just have heard. He cleared his voice before continuing.

"She holds the power of the Tesseract, an item from my world. There might still be hope"

Curious by his words Dr. Banner stood up from his seat and looked down at Thor, standing face to face.

"What do you mean?"

Everyone was shaken by her sudden death but Bruce's face was empty. Nothing showed as he crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Thor. A part of me was angry at him, angry for not showing anything. She had affected us all, I knew it. Clint tried his best to hold back the tears but when Nat came crashing there was nothing that could stop those small pieces of water from falling down.