01 | The Face That Took His Breath Away

"That man is playing Galaga, thought we didn't notice, but we did" Tony points out the man sitting at the big box, a computer I think.

The man sunk further down in his chair as his cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

"How does Fury see?" Tony cover his eye and turn around facing the screens in the commander bridge. We all stare at him with our arms crossed, the man that who says to be flying around in some metal thing isn't exactly what I would have thought of the future and it's heroes.

"He turns" Agent Hill answers with an emotionless voice, already tried of his presents.
My eyes sweep around the room, taking in all the new faces and technology.

What am I doing here? I'm an old fossil with no use in this time. I don't know a thing about this world, all my knowledge went down with that ship over 60 years ago and some earlier, changing me to the worse.

The door slides open behind us and a man with a black leather cape and a patch over his eye walks in.

The man's face is a picture of its own, years of battling with the kind of stuff that makes you lay up all night thinking of what the world had turned into. We all have done things we aren't proud of but as long as we think its will do good and help us keep the freedom I can live with it.

"I see you all found yourself to the HQ" He walks down the stairs and stops in front of the table, putting down a big file.

"Let's take a lap around the table and introduces yourself" he points at the women in black next to him to start.

" Natasha Romanoff, assassin"

" Clint Barton, assassin."

" Bruce Banner, scientists"

"With an anger management issue" Tony points out as he sits down and smirks. Something in Bruce's eyes changes as he looks down on the ground, trying to cover it.

"Tony Stark, Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist." I roll my eyes and look at Agent Romanoff who's nodding in agreement at his statement.

My eyes fall on the file laying in the table.

I let out a heavy sigh "Captain Steve Rogers." I look up and meet Natasha's green eyes, she gives me a little smile, trying to ease my mood before turning to the leather coat.

" The Lord of the Ice" Tony mocks. I glare at him or, at least, tried, making him smirk even more. That man does everything to irritate me.

"Captain America, The First Avenger" Agent Coulson says from behind as he walks up to the man in the leather coat. "It's a big honor to meet you and see you awake, I watched you as you slept" Tony tries to keep the laugh in but can't and burst out laughing.

"Oh no, not like that" he answers and looks at me with a pardoned look.

"It's okay son, thank you" I smile at him and once again my eyes find the file.

I can't put my finger on what it is, but my gut tells me that whatever is in that file will bring a lot of trouble and emotions with it, feelings I don't know how to deal with.

"Well, this was fun'' Tony ask and place his feet on the table, putting his hands behind his head. ''But what do you want Fury?" All the heads turn at Fury as Agent Hill hands out the files.

"We found a body in the Mexican Golf, swimming around the waves with three bullet wounds " he points at the screen as a photo of a woman pops up. Her lifeless body floating in the water, the waves carefully stroking her body. Her long brown hair is tangled, playing with the waves.