The 31st games

I look up at the sky to see that there is only three tributes left, Trolex, my district partner and best friend, the girl from eleven and myself. I already know that the girl will be easy to take out she only got a two in training but this is the games, who knows what could happen. We make our way to the cornucopia and stop along the way to check on our traps. We have barely ate anything in the past few days. I keep thinking to myself how odd it is for a underdog district to be in the final three without any careers to threaten them. My train of thought is broken when Trolex starts whispering something to me.
   "What?" I ask.
   "I said that she is up ahead, district eleven." He says.
   "Ok here is a knife, circle around so we can trap her and give the capitol the show they want." I say bitterly.
"Ok meet you there." He laughs quietly, I give him a head start and think about whats about to happen.
   Using the quiet tread I have used my whole life I walk behind the girl and wait for Trolex to get to his spot. I can't help but think of how scrawny she looks, she has probably eaten less than us. Trolex is at the spot we agreed on and I signal I will make the first move. He nods his head to confirm he understands and I quietly sneak up on the girl and yank her up by her hair.
   "Why hello district eleven," I spit at her, "didn't think we would find you so soon did you?"
   "N-n-n-no I didn't, make it fast though ok? And wh-wh-where is your district partner?" she stutters.
   Trolex walks calmly out of the bushes. "Right here and we aren't going to make it fast, but im sure you knew that, in fact we are going to give the capitol a show you know why?"
   "No." she cries softly.
   "Because you're the one who gave us away to the careers and almost got us killed, thank God me and Althena can climb fast and throw an axe or we would be dead right now." He says as he slaps her across her face.
   "I'm sorry I just needed them to let me go and you were on their hit list anyways with those high scores you pulled." she has stopped stuttering by now.
   I throw her down to the ground and immediately jump on top of her and punch her viciously in the ribs causing her to scream out in pain and Trolex swiftly kicks her in the head.
   "Shut up you brat!" he yells trying not to laugh at how much pain she was in.
   "Trolex stand on her hand please, I have to get something out of my pack and I don't want her to attack me now do I?" I say the last part with sarcasm because the girl doesn't have a weapon and is to afraid to attack me.
   I pull the brown backpack off of my back and look through the weapons inside, throughout this whole sick game Trolex and I have managed to get four knifes, an extra spear head, and the two axes we started out with.
   "What to use, what to use." I mumble to my self, looking up to Trolex for his opinion.
   "Use the knife to torture her, then finish her off with the axe."
   "I never caught your name eleven, what is it?" I ask sweetly.
   "Its Thaliana, Thaliana Selkirk." she whispers.
   "Well, I always like to know the names of the tributes I kill, helps me remember."
   "You do know once ya'll kill me only one of  you can make it out alive."
   "Thank you captain obvious. We planned it that way." Trolex spits at her.
   I pull out the most lethal looking knife and toss it in the air, right above her head, catching it just before it hit her. I slowly trace the outline of her cheek bones and bring up the knife like I'm about to pierce it through her eye. I bring it down into the ground next to her head, laughing at her because she finches at every move I make.
   "You really think we would kill you that easily Thaliana? Last chance, any last words to your family and district?" Trolex states.
"Yes, I would like my family to know I love them and that I tried the best I could to" she is cut off by a swift punch to the mouth.
"Oh shut up all ready, if you really tried then why did you give up when we got here?" Trolex pulls her head so she is looking at him.
Giving her no time to respond I softly cut the skin on her throat, not enough to kill her but enough to make her bleed. I look up at Trolex and see that he has a hand full of her long dark  hair.
I look at her for a moment before I decide how to end this, "I'm going to kill you like Trolex killed your district partner."
   I grab my axe out of the backpack and bring it up above my head, "Goodbye Thaliana," I smirk,  "I hope this is quick enough for you." In one swift motion I bring the axe down and decapitate her head from her body. After I get up Trolex picks up her head and throws it behind us for good measure and we continue down the path which we were going down to start with.
   We make our way out of the woods and make our way to the cornucopia then climb on top of it, I remember how we started out, the careers spared us during the bloodbath then let us join their alliance. The second night me and Trolex grabbed the biggest backpacks we could find filled them with food, water, and weapons and ran away into the forest. I hear the capitol anthem begin to play and see the two tributes we killed district one, a boy named Raine, earlier today. I almost didn't do it  because he wasn't that bad of a guy and was the one who spared us. Then there was Thaliana. The screen goes away and I ask Trolex what we do now.
   "Well look at the moon Althena, anywhere you look we will see the same moon, remember that always." he says grimly.
   "What are you talking about?"
   "Althena, only one of us can can get out and I rather it be you, you can do so much with your life." he says holding back tears as he pushes a blonde curl out of my face, "Althena before we started the game I only thought of you as a friend, a sister even, but spending these last two weeks with you made me realize some thing." he chokes on his words and pauses.
   "What Trolex, what did you realize?" I push him to tell me.
   "Althena Grey, I love you."
   The words hit me like a train, and time seems to freeze around us,  I then realize something, the way he protected me in the tree, the way he looked at me before we killed someone, its like he knew it all along.  I'm startled when I look at him and see that he is just staring at me. The longer I look at him the quicker I realize, I love him to. He puts his hands on my waist, pulls me to him and leans into kiss me, I am startled when he pulls away, gets up and starts pacing.
    "Trolex they can only have one winner though." I whisper.
   "Exactly Althena, that's why I'm doing this." he pulls out a knife, holds it up to his throat and looks at the sky.
   "Trolex please don't do it," I plead, "its not worth it I thought you wanted to die with dignity."
    "I do but I don't want you to have to kill me, just remember we will both see the same moon." he says with the tears in his eyes threatening to make an appearance. He whispers I love you one last time to me and quickly pulls the knife across his throat. I scream and rush over to Trolex holding him in my arms, trying to stop the blood, but knowing I'm to late.
   "Trolex don't leave me, please don't leave me." I sob into his chest. I hear the cannon's boom and start pulling at my hair.
   "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to present the victor of the thirty-first Hunger Games, Althena Grey! I give you- the tribute of district seven!" Claudius Templesmith shouts out, I guarantee district seven is going haywire right now, I'm the first victor they have had in years. Tears pouring down my face I lean down, give him a quick kiss on the forehead and close his eyes.
   "I love you too Trolex." I whisper in his ear before I slide off the cornucopia so they can collect his body and walk out to the middle of the field so that the hovercraft could pick me up. Thats the last time I saw him.