Lullaby

There she laid, that little trouble maker.. in a small hospital crib, made for infants who have just been born.. that girl who laid in there.. that girl caused him the love of his life.  He was there when they had to rush Mandy to the hospital, her water broke during a shift at work, so he quickly called someone to take over their shifts and raced to the hospital.

Selena Gomez,  daughter of Ricardo and Mandy Gomez, born on the 22nd of July in 1992.  A healthy baby.. and a waste of space.  That's what he thought of his daughter.. if she had to be born at this cost, he would have never hoped for his soul mate to be pregnant.  But instead, Selena was born, and she took the life of the love of his life, Mandy.

How could he take care of that.. that creature.. without his wife to support him along the way?  There was no way that he could take care of her and grief in peace.. she was already crying behind the thick glass.. it was audible from his position in the waiting room.    Ricardo sat there for hours with his hands inside of his hair, not believing the reality that he seemed to be in at the moment.. it couldn't be real, it was a dream, a fantasy that tried to pull his leg.

His deep thoughts were interrupted by one of the nurses coming to him with a baby in her arms, rolled up into a thick blanket to protect it from the cold air, something he would have never thought of. ''Mr. Gomez.. here she is..'' The nurse announced before putting the baby inside of the new father his arms, warning him to support her head so she wouldn't get hurt.

His blue eyes glanced down into the brown orbs of his daughter, this brat was finally quiet, sucking on her thumb as if she was the most innocent creature in the world.. she wasn't.  She was an assassin.  She assassinated her own mother.. how could she?

Ricardo took a deep breath before standing up, glancing over his shoulder once more to see the corpse of his loved one being taken away under a blue sheet, making him cringe.. how would he survive without her?  She always gave him advice and showed him what to do.. and now, they—no, he.. had a daughter.

The blue and white bag that laid on the waiting couch was picked up and thrown over his shoulder, Ricardo got ready to leave and started to make his way to his car.  On his way outside his mighty blue orbs caught a glimpse of a leaflet.. ''adoption'', it said.  Inside was everything someone needed to know about putting a daughter or son up for adoption.. he couldn't help himself and reached his hand out, grabbing one of the leaflets before quickly leaving the hospital with in an almost depressed state of mind.  He hated her.  Mandy shouldn't have died so that this girl could live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been three days since Ricardo took Selena home from the hospital, leaving his loved one in that white building was horrible, but there was no other way.. he had to leave her there, even though that was the last thing he wanted for her.  It was a horrible and disrespectful way to go.

Selena was a cry baby.  She would cry from the moment when she would wake up until she was satisfied in all of her needs; food, hygiene, drinks and playtime.  And if all those four things were at their maximum, then she would sleep for about three hours before it would start all over again.  It drove her father insane.

Her father worked as a cashier in a local supermarket, it didn't pay a lot, but it made enough so that they had a roof above their head and food on the table.  Toys, they didn't have a lot, but then again, Selena was only three days old.  She didn't need any toys for now, except for her pink stuffed bunny that he got with her own mother.  At the times when he was out of that trailer, he was working his ass off, and their neighbor would watch Selena for those few hours.