I nodded awkwardly and subconsciously stood closer to Vic. This time was different. When I was first reunited with them at Vic's, I was full of anger. They had hurt me, and I wanted them to know that. But this time I was timid and would rather not be here at all.

"Oh, come in, boys." She said, eventually. The both of them moved aside so we could walk in. The second I stepped inside, I felt home, which confused me a lot. I don't think this was my home anymore. I didn't know what it was supposed to be.

"Take off your shoes and coats, please." My dad said. It was a thing that we had always done; take your shoes off at the door. It was like we were Japanese, or just really old and had too fancy of furniture.

"Of course." Vic responded, slipping off his shoes, but keeping his jumper on. I did the same, but pulled off my jacket because it was pretty warm in here.

We then followed my mom into the living room. I felt like a guest in my own home-not my home-

"Are you two hungry? I made apple pie, your favorite, Kells." She said, sitting on a loveseat across from the sofa that Vic and I sat on. Eventually my dad came around, taking a seat on the other one.

I was hungry, and I did love my mom's homemade pie, but I couldn't stomach any right now. I simply shook my head, while Vic declined politely. Obviously Vic had talked to them prior to this, so why were they acting like we were just some friends in the neighborhood visiting? There was a huge, fucking elephant in the room and I would like someone to address it.

It was silent for a while. The only sound was coming from the window. It was open and any time a breeze flowed through, the blinds would smack against the glass.

"We want you back home." My mom eventually spoke. My eyes drifted from the window to her. My mom was pale with long, dark hair. She was also thin and always looked like she hasn't slept for weeks. I got a lot from her.

I didn't respond to her. I stared at her for a while, not a single word coming to mind, so I just looked back to the loud window.

"Kellin." Vic then spoke up. I looked at him, and he gave me I look like 'say something' but I said nothing.

"Um, so are two living together?" My mom asked Vic. I guess she gave up on me.

"Kind of, yeah."

"What do you mean 'kind of'?" My dad questioned.

"Uh, well...Kellin was staying at a homeless shelter, but I took him to stay with me for a while."

They went on like that for a while. Vic gave them some information about us, and they only asked more questions. I sat there and listened to them while watching the window, but then it got louder, and eventually I was only hearing the clanking of the blinds. It was so windy outside.

I didn't know why I wasn't talking right now. I had so much to say to my parents. But they were like this invincible force. They somehow took everything from me. They broke me down so much, I barley made it. So while I was beyond pissed at them, I was also hurt and scared.

"Kell, are you okay." I then heard. It was Vic, and it was only now that I realized I was crying.

I turned to see the three watching me with faces full of concern. The hearbreak was definitely outweighing the anger.

"You were supposed to love me unconditionally. As my parents, you're supposed to love, support, and protect me. And yeah, you can't protect me from everything, but the last thing you should do is be the one that hurts me. I shouldn't be so scared and hate you so much, but I do." I ranted. I was a sobbing mess at this point and couldn't guarantee that they would understand everything that I was saying.