"You're so weird, it makes me wonder why you're still single,"

"Shut up,"

MinYoung places the bag filled with several sachet drinks. The former takes a look at the contents.

"Awh, with your husband being filthy rich, I thought you'd bring us a couple of Miu Miu bags or something,"

MinYoung rolls her eyes. She sits down on the bar chair and slouches forward. 

"Are mother and father out?"

"Yeah, the usual. Dad's at the pharmacy whilst mom is out grocery shopping. They'll be back soon,"

The door creaks open, signaling an early return. MinYoung whips her head to find her mom struggling with the groceries. She hops off of the stool bar and proceeds to help the struggling old woman. Mrs. Jang slowly glances up, her exhaustion abolished upon looking at MinYoung. 

"Oh dear, what a surprise. I didn't know you were coming today,"

"It was meant to be a surprise," she utters quietly with little to no struggle carrying two bags in each arm. 

"Is it just you today?"

NaYeong takes two of the bags and carries the weight through to the kitchen.

"Yeah, he's got something to do with work today. Something about helping an orphanage," MinYoung straight up lies as she pushes through with firmness.  

"I see," a smile curls up on the old woman's lips. 

Both daughters begin to stock up the groceries in their respective cabinets as Mrs. Jang rests at the dining table. With the cold jasmine tea at hand, she switches on the fan and releases a heavy sigh.

"It's getting hard to go grocery shopping alone nowadays. My knees have almost given up on me," the old woman remarks as a light chuckle escapes her lips. 

"Then why didn't you ask NaYeong for the company? I bet she's done nothing but slouch at home the whole day," MinYoung huffs, occupying the space on the couch.

"Hey, I can hear you!" the older sister yells. 

"That was on purpose," 

The latter glances at her Mother. The old woman hasn't aged a day since then. She still looked young and fresh, even though her own immune system and age is wearing her down soon. At this moment, MinYoung needed something to distract her mind. 

MinYoung kneels down and starts to massage her mother's knees. The old woman quickly puts her teacup away on the table. She leans toward MinYoung, stopping her from straining herself.

"Oh no dear, you don't have to do that. In fact, I'm quite ticklish on my knees,"

"Mother, it's fine. I've always done this for you. And besides, you're not that much of a good liar, she remarks.

MinYoung continues to tend and press on her mother's leg muscles. She is careful not to apply too much pressure. 

"God, I wonder who raised you like this sometimes,"

"Fortunately, you did. And I'm thankful for it, dear mother,"

Abashed as a light shade of rose appears on her cheeks, the old woman pulls MinYoung to stand up. She clicks her tongue. NaYeong knots the plastics before throwing them in a basket. 

"Come, let us make your favorite dumplings,"

The whole afternoon passed by in a blur. The youngest has never made dumplings in her whole life, even when she only observes her mother craft them. MinYoung washes her fingers and grabs one of the flat doughs. She copies her mother in adding the filling.