MithRoss #1 'That Dragon Cancer'

Quick warning, this one shot contains spoilers from Max's 'That Dragon, Cancer' Gameplay Video, so if you want, you can watch the video above before reading.

Ross's P.O.V
I walk past Max's room and hear sniffling. I mean, he told me about the game he would be recording today, but, I didn't believe him when he said that the game would tear him up... I peak through the side of the door and spot Max. His eyes are red and puffy from crying. "I couldn't defeat the dragon.." He says with a sigh. I watch him click something and get up, I assumed he paused the recording. He takes a sip of water and turns towards the door, spotting me. "Hey man," I say. "What?! Ross?! How long h-have you been there?.." "Oh I was heading to my room, but I heard you crying, so I just wanted to see if, you were okay." "Yeah, I-I'm fine, it's just the game.." He says while pushing me gently away from the doorway. "Max..." I say while grabbing his arm and pulling him into my embrace. "R-Ross?!" He says surprised. I look up to see his face flushed red, which causes me to blush as well. "S-Sorry, it just looked like you needed a hug..." I say while loosening my embrace, but he just hugs me back. "Yeah... I did.." He says looking away. "Sorry for sneaking up on you in your recording, I just don't like seeing you like that, even if it's only a game causing it.." "Don't apologize." He says while releasing me. "Thank you Ross..." "Y-You're welcome Max.." I say, watching him go into the bathroom. When he closes the door I head into my room and lock my door behind me. I look in the mirror revealing my face flushed with red... I feel a lot different inside... Why?.... Could it be, am I falling for him?...

Max's P.O.V
I close the door behind me and wash my face. It feels weird, the combination of affection and sorrow. When Ross hugged me it only made my feelings for him get worse. I dispose of the thought and head back into my room to finish the recording.

-time skip till after the video-

"So anyway guys, that was, That Dragon Cancer, and -sniffles- And I really hope you enjoyed it, cause, I sure as hell did... -sniffle- and, again, remember, I appreciate your existence..." I shut off the recording and head into the kitchen to get something to eat. I spot Ross at the table and look away before making eye contact.

Ross's P.O.V
I see Max walk into the room and quickly look down at my cereal to hide my blush. "Hey Max, uhm, how was the game?" I ask. "Emotional" he responds. "I talked about my childhood a bit towards the ending..." "Oh, really? N-neat" I say looking up while Max sits down in front of me with a left over bowl of Mac N' Cheese. "Sad Max?..." Tim asks rushing into the kitchen. Max just nods and takes a bite of his food. "Oh, the game, messed with your emotions I see, I was expecting you to get mad when I said that." "Don't test your luck Tim." "Okay, sorry." Tim says grabbing a water bottle and rushing out of the house. I look at my phone realizing Tim was late for work. "Want to watch anime?..." I ask, breaking the silence. He nods his head and we move to the couch, forgetting about our food. I turn on the TV and switch channels. "Why don't you pick out the anime?" I ask handing him the remote. "Sure" he says turning on One Punch Man.

Max's P.O.V
About 10 minutes into the anime, I feel Ross lay his head on my shoulder and I blush. "Max I need to tell you something..." He says quietly. "S-Sure, anything, what's on your mind?..." I ask stuttering. He doesn't say anything for about 15 seconds then he replies. "I like you Max...." I look at him and tilt his head towards me. "I Like you too Ross..." I say getting closer to his face. I spot the blush rush to his face immediately, as he closes the gap between us. I don't kiss back until I realize what is happening. We both pull away to gasp for air. "I love you Max..." "I love you too, Ross..."

Heyyyyyy, not to bad for my first fanfiction! :3 I hope you enjoyed it! Vote if you want to see more MithRoss one shots and leave a comment. Either way I'm posting another one around 2:00 pm tomorrow. Stay PacTastic!
-Pacawh