Chapter 10

I stepped into the fanciest, most immaculately decorated mansion I had ever seen. The room I was in was bigger than my whole house combined. There were thick curtains embellished with gold hanging from all the windows that were 5 times my height. Giant French doors leading out to a pool big enough to home a pod of whales. There was a staircase even more grand than that on beauty and the beast to my right, and not to mention the guards, and  butlers awaiting an order, or the priceless artwork that covered the walls.

"Welcome home Shaya."  Scar said. Walking toward the door to the far left. The guard standing at the door moved aside, and the butler opened the door while Scar Spoke to me.

"Sorry about the roughness. You see we had to make sure you were the one, and not another phony trying to infiltrate our system. You wouldn't believe how stupid some of the resistance's spies are. Actually believing they can invade the most secure black market society that there ever was, or will be."

I tried not to laugh. Him speaking so highly of his security when he believed that I, the worlds worst liar, or spy, was some kind of boss to their society.

"I assume you are exhausted from being required to lower yourself to the resistance's way of living. Ill give you a minuet alone in your office. What do you say we talk over dinner. 6:00?"

I almost didn't hear what he said. Luckily some part of my brain was listening because my mouth responded.

"Yes, that would be exquisite. Have the cook prepare a gnocchi  soup appetizer, with lasagna as the main course. Ohh, and a chocolate mouse for dessert. I prefer sparkling cider to wine as well."

"Couldn't have ordered better myself maam. Jeffry tell the cook to have dinner ready by 6:00 sharp, and he better make it his best because the boss is back."

Immediately the butler standing outside the door curtly nodded, and whisked away to the kitchen.

"Ill leave you to your business Miss. Tadoshi." and with that I was all alone in my office. All alone in P.E.M's headquarters. All alone with the enemy, and all their secrets.

_________________________________________________
First I locked the door and slid a chair under the handle just in case. I then checked the room for any security cameras. I still couldn't be sure they believed me, I couldn't believe me. After I was sure the room was secure I set to work. I had an hour to get as much info as possible. Just in case they tried to pull something.

Next to my giant oak desk was a filing cabinet. I pulled out the first drawer and thumbed through about 100 files. They were all categories of people who worked for me. All the servants, spy's, guards, suppliers... there were even some people in office I had in there. I knew Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton were no good, but I never knew anything like this. This girl certainly had a lot of connections. The files also contained everything about them their family's, jobs, friends, past, and medical. It even included their weaknesses, and tragic accidents that had occurred to them. I guess we might have used that to get leverage on them, or blackmail.

The middle drawer had all my orders. Most of them were from someone named Daluth Meyers. But all the orders were in code. I slipped out a couple random pages to take back to Instinct. Josh could probley decode them, or have someone do it. The third drawer was half empty, much unlike the other two that where stuffed full. The files were color coded as well. There was a Purple, green, blue, and  red. The purple had letters to and from me,and some suppliers. The orange had letters between me to my D.C connections. The blue had weapon descriptions, ancient warrior training techniques, and maps, and The red had Shayas family. Her parents, brother, grandparents. Their locations, jobs, families. Even letters from them that were never opened. I took many papers from each colored file, then put all the papers I pulled in one big binder I found in the desk.

I glanced up at the clock and noticed it was 10 minuets until I had to be at dinner, and If I didn't look a little freshened up they might be suspicious. I walked over to the door removing my barricades, and ordered the butler to bring me a fresh dining dress, comb, and bowl of water immediately. I almost said please, and thank you, but refrained. I don't think the ruler of an organization that ruthlessly murders millions of people has any sort of manners to her servants

He returned in less than a minuet with a dark blue silk dress with a decent, neckline decorated with diamonds, and gold, long folds of skirt that ended just below the knee, and immaculate flower detail sown into the dress with gold, and silver. I had to keep myself from admiring the dress as he handed me a gold, and silver engraved comb, and a pair of shoes. saying

"I thought you might want a change of shoes to match the dress maam."

"Of course, how foolish of me." I replied curtly

"May I enter" He asked still holding the water.

"Yes"

He quickly walked in, set the bowl on the side table, along with a sponge, and dry towel.

"Will there be anything else Madam?"

No, I thought. But as I was about to dismiss him my mouth started responding.

" Yes you will escort me to dinner in 6 minuets."

He nodded, and was out the door. I stood in disbelief of how I could say something I never thought. And as I was thinking something completely different. Then it struck me. I had no idea how to get to dinner. But the leader of Instinct certainly would. I had no time to think on this thought though. I had to get ready for dinner.