Chapter Five: Miss Texty

A/N This is unedited once again :)
Treading Forbidden Waters

I came out only after Isabella came and said that we were about to leave. She didn't pry, and I didn't reveal anything. It was stupid. A crush that was impossible. The age difference, his incomparable attractiveness, the light personality I had found I lo- liked so much, and the protective, comforting air that went along with it all. He was basically the perfect man all wrapped into one package. But it just wasn't realistic, seeing him prove it was like a blow to the stomach. I was glad though. In a way I was happy that he had demonstrated the sheer foolish impractical thoughts of ever having a chance with him.

It was time that I focused on what I had come here for. My swimming and only my swimming.

With a steeled gaze and lighter feet, I coolly walked out a few minutes later after Isabella. Immediately his eyes found mine, but this time I saw right through him. I acted as if he wasn't even there, just a shadow figure. That was what he should have been all along. Kayson's gaze didn't waver from mine and I could sense him trying to see inside my thoughts, but he wouldn't break my walls. I wouldn't let him.

His voice wasn't as confident this time as he called the role. "Grace, Cole, Isabella, Aiden, Sophia, an- Layton." Kayson's voice gave a small break right before he voiced my name. Once again his eyes stayed focused on mine for a few minutes longer than necessary. Including the walk over to the pool area.

We were at the back like before, Sophia and I. Kayson wasn't up at the front like he was; now he was slowly falling back. "So how are you guys liking camp so far?"

Grace smiled, very energetic as she answered, "It's great!" Sophia agreed enthusiastically.

It fell silent between us until Cole spoke. He was quite confident with the rhetorical question he directed towards Kayson. "So I find that you are having a good time also?" He made a kissing face, puckering his lips tauntingly at Kayson. I couldn't help the laugh that ripped from my throat. Kayson immediately swung his head around to give me the death stare. I looked at him innocently as if to say what did I do? He narrowed his eyes at me before giving a laugh too and I stared questionably when he had that mischievous look to his eyes.

"So you are enjoying yourself also, Layton?"

"Yes, very much."

"I'm sure you are, miss texty, texting your boyfriend, huh?" Oh he did not- Cole laughed and the girls giggled. My face turning a shade of pink at their enjoyment.

"Excuse me," I shot now walking alone as Sophia had caught up to Grace. "It was one text and for your information maybe it was my very hot quarterback boyfriend." Of course that wasn't true. I have never had a boyfriend let alone my first kiss. In fact, I didn't even have a guy's number in my phone besides my family.

But he didn't need to know that.

My smug smile meeting his sour one was enough for me to conclude that I had won our little match this time. I walked with a pep in my step the rest of the way to the pool as Kayson followed just slightly behind, his steps hitting the concrete with an audible slap. I only turned around when I saw my tiny stuffed dolphin that was always clipped to my backpack. It was dangling right in front of my face. Whirling around as I tried to grab it, I was met with Kayson's grin.

"Give that back." I went for my key chain once again, but he held it high above his head.

"Hmmm...well I guess-" He acted like he was about to give it to me, but as soon as it got into my reach he pulled it away again. "But, I don't think I want to." My face was anything but happy as I narrowed my eyes at him. He was so frustrating.

~ ~ Kayson's POV ~ ~

I held her key chain above my head, unreachable with her shorter height. She was too cute when she was mad. Her nose wrinkled in frustration as she tried to jump for her dolphin that I held captive. I was glad that we were the last group. Nobody else was behind us and the rest of our group was slightly ahead, leaving us practically alone.

"Kayson." She whined, her small frame bumping mine as she jumped up. Our bodies colliding as she slid back down before going at it again. I laughed switching hands, furthering the distance between her and her precious key chain. Every time she talked I felt warmth inside my stomach fluttering around to fill my entire body. But when she whined my name, I had to restrain myself from leaning forward to do what I had been aching to ever since I saw her.

Layton's lips were a gorgeous pink like a magnet to my eyes just like the rest of her body. Then when her matching tongue peeked out to run across those plump lips of hers I could feel my body respond though not near as much after her next move. She was focused in on my hands, but I was more absorbed by her lips as she sucked her bottom lip into her mouth, biting down. It almost killed me.

It was so wrong of me to think of her in a sexual manner. She was so young, too young for me. I felt like a pedophile. Heck, I was a pedophile. She was only in her teens, not even legal yet. I thought maybe it was just lust that had wrapped her talons around me. Maybe that was the reason I had been so infatuated by her. Madeline was pretty, a more grown up version of Layton. Though I found that as I kissed her I couldn't shake the thoughts plaguing my mind. Normally I could find every single amazing feature of her person. But as I kissed her I realized that the only thing I could think about was her flaws. Except they weren't actually flaws that she held in particular. They seemed imperfect in the fact that Layton didn't have them.

Madeline's face was slender, that of a woman, but I preferred that of Layton's round heart shaped face. Her face was vacant of freckles unlike the light brush of the angel kisses across the bridge of Layton's nose and under her eyes. Layton's body wasn't as slim as Madeline's. She was still tiny with thighs, a flat stomach, and a hind end, but I found them attractive on her. Madeline on the other hand had the body of a stereotypical model that most wanted. Almost too tiny in all of her features, she looked slightly sick instead of the healthy, bigger figure of a normal sized person.

Before my perfect idea of a woman was her body but now it had changed. I thought that Layton was perfect. She was what I wanted now.

It was stupid of me to test the reason of why I was attracted to Layton, but I couldn't change what had been done. I wished I wouldn't have. Now Layton seemed to be more stiff in her reactions to me and I hoped I could change her mind. Already I could see that grin returning on her face, slowly but surely. It made me smile. It made me happier than anyone had made me before. I felt giddy with excitement that I was the reason for her bright smile. It made me feel honored to be the one behind such a beautiful smile.

That was what worried me. This was forbidden. But maybe that was the reason I wanted nothing more than to throw caution into the wind. Maybe that was what made me so entranced by her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Did you like?

How do you feel about Kayson now?

Did you enjoy his POV?

Don't forget to comment, vote, and fan if you liked! :)