Peter and Erik at 3:26

Something small. Sorta cute.
Request, babe. Please!!!!
-Elizabeth X  (aka OogleJoogle)

   Peter tapped his pencil rapidly against the wooden counter, a few strands of silver hair hovering over his brown eyes. He was stressed and didn't notice the presence of the other mutant in the room.
     "What are you working on?" sounded the gentle voice of Erik Lensherr from the doorway, arms folded over his snug pink flannel. Peter looked up, gulping slightly and biting down on his lip.
"Homework. It's...boring as shit." He settled his head on the table, trying to ease his subtle anxiety.
Peter and Erik spent a lot of time with each other since Erik was staying at the mansion. They were both comfortable...but sometimes Peter just wanted to tell him, though he could never bring himself to.
"Ah." He rose his head, pulling out a chair and sitting across from the speedster.
"You know, I can't help but wonder if your love life with Charles is as boring as his class." Peter hummed with a smirk, sticking the tip of his pencil between his teeth and leaning into his chair.
Erik's eyes casted up, still and cautious. He reddened a tad, but hid it with a little chuckle.
"Tell me, Peter how did your parents handle such a smartass?"
Peter inhaled a shaky breath, flustering up a bit.
"I-I don't know." He looked down at his homework.
"Guess it's part of my charm." He tried to play it off.
"You alright, son?" The obvious nervousness Peter reflected puzzling him. Peter wanted to scream.
"Yep. Yep yep yep. Fantastic." he laughed forcefully. Erik eyed him closely.
The dim light of the kitchen played on Peter's face that was badly hiding his distress.
"So," He inhaled "it's three am and I still have all these sheets to do. I just don't get it."
Erik scooted closer to the counter, looking over the questions.
"You should ask Charles for help. He's certainly open for tutoring." Erik murmured, propping his head on his hand and glancing up at the ceiling fan.
"I'm so much older than the other students. Never paid attention to school when I was a teenager." Peter pulled at the hem of his Blondie shirt, a gift from Jubilee.
"I want to be something, y'know? I think it's too late." He opened up unintentionally, the words just slipping out.
"You're wrong. This is new, and intimidating. It's not supposed to be easy. I'm proud of you for taking classes. Peter, you're like a son to me and-"
"AGH." Peter slammed his head on the counter, startling Erik.
"AGHHHH." He yelled again in frustration, before whipping his head up and locking eyes with Erik.
"I am your son!" He shouted, holding his hands up in defeat.
Erik furrowed his brows. "I think you're mistaken, Peter."
"You totally screwed my mom and left her, dude. Maximoff, I'm Peter Maximoff."
And then they stared at each other, eyes locked in the quiet kitchen at 3:26 in the morning.