If Only Hotel Rooms Were Soundproof PART 1

[NOT MINE!]

"How do you turn this thing off?"
Ross looked over at Kevin from one of his favorite bands, Walk The Moon. His band was sharing a dressing room with them for the 106.1 BLI Summer Jam. He loved radio shows because not only did he get to perform, but he also got to watch other great artists perform and learn from them.
"I'm telling you man, put the phone down and enjoy life!"
Ross was never really an advocate of social media. He though life was too short to have your face stuffed in a screen. There is so much the world has to offer and people throw it away to check out what random people eat for lunch.
Kevin smiled when he found the end button and locked his phone, putting it in his pocket.
"Alright, alright man. You win. Phone is away." He puts his hands up.
Ross laughed.
"Hey who's Laura?" He asked Ross.
Ross's head snapped up. "Why...?"
"Damn..calm down. I just noticed people asking about her on Periscope and thought I'd ask."
"Oh...uh she's a friend. My co-star actually, on a Disney Channel show I'm on called Austin and Ally."
To him, she was definitely more than that but he wasn't going to let him know that, or anyone else for that matter.
Kevin nodded. "Gotcha. Well I gotta get going to M&G so I'll catch up with you later!" He walks out the room, hearing Ross mumble a goodbye.
It was almost time for R5 to go on stage and Ross was fiddling with his guitar strings, making sure they were all tuned. He immediately stopped when he heard the loud, energetic, laugh he kew all too well. And before you ask, no Ross didn't freeze because he heard the angelic voice he loves so much, or some sappy shit like that. He actually froze because of the other voice that was laughing along with Laura. He also knew that laugh, granted not as well, but he was pretty sure he had a good idea of who it was. He looked up to see Laura standing a few feet away from him, laughing with none other than Kevin himself. His face turned into a frown when he saw Laura throw her head back laughing and place a hand on Kevin's arm. He didn't even get a chance to say something to them because he heard their name being announced, signaling it was time to go on stage.
Throughout R5's whole performance, Ross's attention was elsewhere as much as he tried to hide it. He was too busy looking over to the side of the stage where Laura was talking with the entire Walk The Moon band, but most importantly, Kevin. He was so distracted that he kept missing crucial cues for his parts and kept messing up notes. Rocky even had to come over and make sure he was okay between songs. Ross just brushed him off and tried to get back into the performance but he was struggling knowing Laura was flirting with another guy just out of the corner of his eye.
Ross was seeing all green by the end of his performance. Jealousy green that is. He knew he had a thing for Laura, hell, everyone else probably knew too, but he would never fully admit it to anyone but himself. But let's be honest, how could he not have a thing for her? She has a smile that could light up a room, a laugh that makes you laugh, not to mention a killer body, and on top of all that, she was his love interest on TV for 4 years so he got to experience her lips first hand and they're not easy to forget, thats for sure.
As soon as they finished the last song Ross left the stage all too quickly and walked straight over to Laura, who was now alone because WTM was getting ready to perform. He went to say something to her but was stopped by a crew member pulling her away so she could introduce the next act.
"Sorry Ross! We'll talk later okay?" She smiled back at him as she was being pulled away.
He sighed and nodded, walking back to his dressing room to get the sweat off his body, find a nice, cold drink of water, and calm down before he said something he knew he would regret. He knew he shouldn't be this jealous considering he wasn't her boyfriend and had no jurisdiction over who she talked to, but just the thought of her with another guy made his stomach twist.
He could hear Laura introducing none other than Walk The Moon. He crushed his water bottle in his hand when he heard Kevin thanking Laura for the great intro and her giggling. Calm Ross. Calm.
Just as he laid back on the couch, thinking, a quiet knock on the door pulled him out of his thoughts. He raised his eyebrows figuring it was just one of his siblings. "You do know you don't need to knock right!" he yelled towards the door. The handle turned and the door pushed open revealing Laura.
"Okay then smart ass, just know it's not my fault if I walk in on you changing!" she let out her infamous giggle.
Ross sat up as quickly as possible, trying to fix his blonde, moppy, mess of hair.
"Oh, Laura! Hey! Sorry, I thought you were just one of my siblings! I didn't mean-"
"Its fine Ross, calm down" Laura giggled some more and made her way across the room to sit next to him on the couch. "So how have you been Mr. Rockstar?" She winked.
He smiled at her wink. He missed seeing those. "I'm good. Getting excited to start touring soon"
"Oh yeah! How exciting! I know it's your favorite thing to do!" she winked again.
Her winks were going to be the death of him. He hadn't seen them in a while and seeing them again was igniting feelings in him he knew he shouldn't be feeling. He took in her whole outfit, looking her up and down. In technical terms it would be considered checking her out. He was doing all the above with no shame. He started at her feet and worked his eyes up her legs, following their long length. He sucked in a breath when his eyes reached the split in her skirt. He let his eyes linger there for a second before continuing upwards to the skin exposed between the top of the skirt and the bottom of her leather crop top. If only she knew what her wearing leather did to him. His eyes continued upwards to her face where she was biting her lip and looking down at her hands, blushing. He had the greatest urge to kiss those lips.
He figured Laura had figured out he was checking her out which explained her blushing. He wasn't sure what had gotten into him, actually he was-Kevin, but he gained the courage and raised his hand to Laura's face and lifted her chin so she would look him in the eyes. He didn't want to pass up another opportunity with her because another guy could swoop in and take her away and that wasn't a chance he was willing to take anymore.
"Don't be embarrassed, you look gorgeous." He whispered, looking into her eyes.
She blushed even more, smiling lightly at him. "I miss this. I miss us."
"I do too." Ross said, leaning his forehead against hers and closing his eyes.
Okay so maybe he skipped out on a few details earlier. No, him and Laura had not actually ever dated, but they somewhat acted like a couple and both knew the feelings were there. Back when they were still filming the show, they would always be in one or the other's dressing room cuddled up, watching movies or sleeping. No one would ever question them because they figured it was none of their business and that Ross and Laura would say something when they felt like it. They also would occasionally kiss when they were in private. The kisses would often get pretty heated but they would always stop before things could go too far. They never really spoke of it after the fact though. After filming ended, they were both so busy that they never talked about their relationship.
She leaned more into him as well, letting her eyes flutter shut. They both sat there, taking the moment in until someone came barging through the door making them jump apart quickly.
"Oh sorry...was I inter-" Rydel asked with Ellington right behind her.
"No! I uh-I was just leaving!" She said standing up, smoothing out her skirt. "I'll see you later Ross." She smiled warmly at him then left the room after saying goodbye to Rydel and Ellington.
"Way to ruin a moment guys." Ross mumbled and laid back on the couch, getting lost in his thoughts again.
Ross sat in his hotel room, strumming his guitar randomly. He had a tendency of doing that when he was in deep thought. It helps him think. The rest of the band went out to get drinks after the concert ended but he wasn't feeling up to it after his little run in with Laura. He started noticing notifications on his phone from twitter so opened the app and read some tweets. The first thing he saw was a tweet from Kevin to Laura thanking her for the great introduction on stage tonight. Ross frowned and read the replies under it. He grew more and more jealous as he read comments telling them to date and others that said Kevin had followed her. He looked for himself and sure enough, there her name was. He found it ironic because he recalled Kevin making Riker follow him but he didn't even follow him back. As he was creeping he got another notification saying that Laura had tweeted Kevin back. Ross rolled his eyes as he read even more replies saying she followed him back and he couldn't help but get agitated. Wasn't that guy like 30? In Ross's opinion, Laura needed no part of him.
His jealousy took over and he decided to close the twitter app and open his Messages app. He pulled up his messages with Laura.
Hey Laura.
Hey Ross, what's up?
Ross wasted no time with casual conversation. He went straight to his point.
Where are you staying?
The Hilton right near the stadium.
...me too.
He stopped for a second and thought. Like he said before, he wasn't going to pass up anymore opportunities with Laura so he text her again.
Can we meet up?
Um sure. Where?
Ross thought about how he didn't need his family bursting in on them again.
Are you alone in your room?
Uh yeah...lol
Sorry, I just don't want to be interrupted by my siblings anymore lol.
Hahaha I understand Ross. I'm on the 9th floor in room 27.
Okay I'll be there in a few.
Okay...oh, btw...you don't need to knock...but you better hope i'm not changing ;)
Ross looked down at the last message she sent and let his jaw drop. He had so many dirty things flooding into his mind. It's times like these when he's assured that it's a good thing all his thoughts aren't broadcast for the world. He shook the thoughts out of his mind and stood up, heading to the bathroom to freshen up. What? A guy can't smell good for a girl he likes?
-
-
-
I had to re publish this shit because the first time I fucked yo and copied it 3 times whoops 🙃