Chapter 2

Adrien fidgeted in his seat. He glanced outside his huge windows and fidgeted even more. He tapped his pencil against his desk. Then he tapped his fingers on his desk.

There was no doubt that he was nervous. Or anxious.

Not a single villain had attacked the city of Paris for over two months. And lately, this had Adrien constantly looking over his shoulder. Where was the new villain? What had happened?

Not that he was upset that no harm had come to Paris. Adrien was glad that the city was still safe. Though, he worried that Hawk Moth was planning something bigger.

He rapped his knuckles on his chair.

And at the same time, he missed Ladybug. 

"I don't understand, Plagg. What could be going on?" Plagg was chewing on a piece of cheese.

"I don't know," said Plagg, "but you should be happy you don't have to fight."

Adrien said nothing.

"Oh, I get it," exclaimed Plagg, "you miss Ladybug."

"No, not true," mumbled Adrien.

Plagg snorted. "Sure, of course."

Adrien slumped in his seat. "Ugh, go away, Plagg."

Plagg tossed his cheese up in the air and caught it before it touched the ground. "Hmm...How about...No."

Adrien rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Anyway, I have a photo shoot to go to..." He checked his watch, "in five minutes!"

But as Adrien rushed out the door, Hawk Moth sat silently plotting.