But she knew.

Which left the question of who would break into her house and look through her room without taking anything but taking the care to put everything back in it's place. Or what they thought was it's place.

And like alot of things in Cordelia's life, it all came back to the coven. The people trying to kill her.

Another look around the room and she felt nauseous. Those monsters had been in here. Touched her things. Looking for something. But for what? Her dirty little secret? Her kryptonite? Unfortunately for them Cordelia didn't have any dirty secrets nor did she have a kryptonite as far as she knew.

She felt a sudden urge to burn the place to the ground which made her wonder whether or not she could. But now wasn't the time or the place to find out.

But there was a place she could go. A place with answers. And good intentions...

But-Jesus. How was she supposed to show up on their doorstep -again- after having thrown them out of her room like that? All because well...they cared.

Or well Cal did. Kol seemed like he might hate her. Once upon a time Cordelia could have slept easily knowing she hadn't done anything to deserve Kol's distaste for her. But now that she knew she had been reincarnated? She could have killed him in another life. She could have stolen his favourite goat!

Yet another thing Cordelia needed to get informed about.

It was time for Cordelia to suck it up and pay the Sterlings a visit...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Cordelia got to the Sterling place she decided the three of them were past common courtesy and waltzed right in.

She had a brief thought that it was stupid to not at least lock the door, but reconsidered when she considered that if the brothers were capable of the stuff Cordelia had done, a lock must seem trivial.

She was pleased to see the brothers were already in the living room; Cal sprawled out on the couch with a Steven King novel, and Kol sitting on the piano bench plunking the keys. Neither noticed her which was honestly a little irritating seeing as she had imagined the whole scenario. (She'd waltz in dramatically without warning demanding answers while the brothers gaped at her)

"I want to know everything." Cordelia demanded quietly from the doorway. That got her the dramatic moment she'd been anticipating.

A short while later, after the obligatory, 'How are you? How are your parents? You look better.' conversation, Cordelia sat down across from the pair with a piping hot cup of tea warming her hands.

No one spoke. Cordelia waited for one of them to make an effort to start the long conversation that needed to be had, but when neither did she stepped up. "I want to know about this...coven. Who they are, why they're trying to kill me. I want to know about this whole reincarnation thing and what being a magical witch means since all I know comes from a book." She said without missing a beat before adding after second thought, "For starters."

That got Kol to show the barest hint of a smile, while Cal fidgeted with his fingers.

Kol seemed to realise he had seemed almost human for a second and quickly regained his cold composure.

WICKED { #Wattys2016 }जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें