"We're good." Ella said.

"So, whatcha doing?"

"Project" they both say in unison.

"Hah! Good one" Anna doesn't buy that one bit or maybe she did but wanted to have a little fun.

Now, they looked extremely uncomfortable as she's there.

My pleasure. She's the damn bad romance. She's the 'bad' part of their romance!

What to do next? She panicked deep inside. She can't let them be at peace and romance when she can do something to prevent it.

So she did the only thing she could think of. Stand there in between the awkward silence untill she finishes her drink. One full cup. The only sounds in the kitchen were the sound of her sipping and a pen clicking.

Damn, now she didn't have an excuse anymore. Now she will have to sit in a different room imagining what they would be saying!

"Um... let's go up my room" Ella suggested.

"Do you-" Anna starts to ask.

"We're good" they both said before they quickly picked up their things and left.

"Sh*t" she muttered under her breath.

..........................................................................................................................................................

"What the fu*k were you doing" her mom stumbled towards her.

"What" Anna snapped back.

"I knew exactly what you were doing. Trying to mess up the relationship between Blake and Ella"

"I was just grabbing coffee. No big deal!"

"You were always so jealous of her. You are never going to catch Blake's eye so cut out whatever you are planning"

"It's not your business. Just leave me alone" Anna attempted to walk past her but Mel grabbed her hand.

"Don't walk away while I'm talking to you"

"Just leave me alone!"

"Listen to me and don't ever try anything stupid again. You're always getting all high and mighty when you aren't even that beautiful"

Anna heats up even though that isn't the first time she heard those words from her birth mother, drunk or not, that's no excuse to talk to her like that, she must've thought that way about her when she was sober.

"Ever wondered why I'm ugly? Both outside and inside? I'm your fu*king daughter" she shouts, laughing humorlessly at the end.

With that she stormed into her room. Leaving her mother shouting insulting words at her.

She slammed the door and crawled under the blankets, trying to block out her mother's words but failing. No matter how many times she heard it, it still passes through her barrier.

As she stared blank at the walls of her room, her phone rang. She debated whether she'd picked it up or not but decided to grab it hoping that it'll distract her from the current situation.

It was an unknown number, it must be some company trying to advertise their products, at that moment it didn't matter who it was.

She listened as she picked it up, waiting for whoever it was on the other line to talk.

"Princess" She was surprised to hear Hunter's voice drawling out her name. "you forgot you-"

"I know" she snaps. But, her voice cracks at the end.

The line went silent for a moment,

"Wanna go out?"

She blinked, not really expecting that but that'd be great. Escaping from the place she hates even for a few hours.

But, what about Mel. Will she finds out?

"You scared?" he teased,

"I'm not scared of anything. And how the hell did you get my number"

"You typed it in that day, remember?" She remembered that she gave him on the day she dragged him on the mission of people observation.

"Oh"

"But, I get that that's your way of giving it to me. No girl ever has ever used that trick on me. Pretty neat"

"Shut it you cocky bastard" she can't help but flush.

"But I like it" his voice lowers making her swallow. She resisted the urge to ask 'you do?'

"I-I-" it stole the words of her mouth.

"So wanna go out or not?" She was so surprised that she forgot about the fight!

"Well okay. I'll text you where we can meet up"

"Oh and one thing?"

"What?"

"Can you bring a coin so I'd get a head tonight?"

Coin? She paused for a moment but blushes when she gets what he meant.

"No!!" She can't help but laugh out loud.

"Damn. Had to try" Then he hung up.

Anna lowered her phone and couldn't stop smiling for some reason.

Then she realized, she just flirted with a guy on the phone. Even her ex didn't do that with her.

Hunter is definitely something else.

X--------------------------<(^_-)>------------------------X

A/n- If English is your first language- do think this chapter is improving as compared to the other unedited chapters, grammatical wise?

I'm using this app that points out mistake then I fix them. It took me time so I want to know if that app is worth it or if it's reliable. Please let me know.

Hope you guys like this chap:) Vote(offline;) ) Comment and share!!