Chapter One

I had just gotten back to work when my dog had jumped all over me. I put some food in his bowl before going up to my room. My walls were plain. Everything was plain. I had photos of me and my family on my walls. I had a television and a radio and of course.

    I have been watching his every move for about a year now. Obsession had flown through my veins in a way that I was not all that proud of. I used to think people like this were weird. Shrugging the thought away, I put on leggings and a sports bra. My shoes were downstairs so I rushed down the stairs with my camera in my hands. I had to look like I was out at night doing something, that something being running. I kissed my dog good bye and went on my run.

    Sometimes I wonder if I have just went through with med school then maybe I wouldn't be obsessed with The Joker. It's not like he wouldn't be alive if I became a doctor. I just would've had my mind on saving lives instead of a man who ends lives. Turning the corner of the park, I noticed that I was lost in my thoughts. I had no idea if The Joker was even out tonight. I looked at the news on my phone and nothing was on with him. I noticed that it was very silent tonight, as well. Quickly, I ran home, realizing I had no reason to be out here.

    When I got home my dog didn't greet me at the door. I sighed sadly and began to go up to my room. Walking down the hall, I realized the door to my room was cracked. I looked under a picture frame in the hallway and got a knife out from my secret little spot. I inched my way to my room and walked in. Standing before me, looking out my window was him. Someone had grabbed me from the throat and pulled me into my room, keeping me in a choke hold.

    "Now, now, now, boys. We wouldn't want to hurt little Miss Smith, would we?" His voice was threatening and calm all in one. He growled as he turned around and looked at me. The man took me out of the hold and I took in breathes of air I never appreciated before now. I couldn't speak.

    "You are coming with me." After he spoke those cold words to me, I passed out from a rag put into my face.