Part Ten

Sliding doors open in front of you as you walk into the large super market, your combat boots clicking with every step you take which are repeated by Drew's large feet. He then walks beside you with his hands buried in his pockets as you walk towards the medical section of the store, you bend down looking at all the different brands and various equipment pieces for pregnancy. You look confused, all you wanted was a normal pregnancy test but there isn't one in sight as you furrow your eyebrows, you stand back up smoothly and turn towards Drew who is examine the shelf filled with baby clothes. You smile at him as he looks at some trendy newborn clothes, he looks so natural but you don't look at him with love in your eyes, you look at him like a proud best friend. He sees you staring, putting the small items of clothing back on the shelf as he walks over to you quickly,

"Um..Did you get the thing then?" he seems embarrassed of the situation you caught him.

"No, i need you to go ask if they have any" you give him your puppy face as your eyes widen and pout your lip like a lost child "Pwease"

He lets out a small laugh at your attempted baby voice and shakes his head slightly before turning to go find an assistant, you smile wide in achievement and walk to another part of the baby section which was filled with toys. Your eyes wandered over all the new inventions of amusement for small children as you start to get in deep thought about having a child, you have thought about it a lot anyway but being surrounded by all of this is making you realise that this is real life. Not a dream. Not a fantasy. This is reality.

Your thoughts are interrupted by two hands covering your eyes, the large warm hands aren't too tight but have a familiar rough feeling to them. You turn around to see Drew smiling, you give a warm smile back but look at his empty hands.

"I'm guessing you didn't get it?" you sigh and fold your arms

He reaches inside his pocket and pulls out a box, he never lost his smile as he passed it to you. You let out another sigh but this time it was a sigh of relief and reassurance.

"Thankyou" you give him a toothless smile, "why are you so happy?" you bring your eyebrows together as you wonder why the smile won't disappear from his face.

"Look at that little family over there, they look so happy" Drew nods his head over in the direction behind you as you turn your top half of your body around so you can see the young family. The mum looks about 21, the dad looks 25 and she has a newborn baby in their hands. They notice your intense staring as the young mother gives you a small smile as they walk over to you. You realise that you have been staring for far too long as you turn back to Drew who was also looking at the approaching family.

"Hi" the woman with the small child in her arms says politely

"Hi" you turn your whole body to face the family as you feel your shoulder touching Drew's chest.

"We caught you looking and by the smile in your faces we thought you might want to get a closer look" She smiles widely whilst tilting the baby slightly, revealing it's tiny face to you and showing all it's beautiful delicate features.

"Oh my god she is so beautiful" Your smile grows to a new extent as you adore the bundle of joy wrapped in a baby pink blanket.

"Isn't she just? Would you like to hold her?" The mother looks at you with a friendly smile as you make eye contact with her and swallow your nerves.

"Umm, sure" you seem slightly nervous as you aren't used to babies, especially a strangers baby.

She passes you the delicate child as your arms cradle the baby girl protectively. The large smile is still spread on your face as you hold the baby with one strong hand and okay with the baby's ring rice like fingers. Her eyes flutter open as she sees you and starts letting out a small baby giggle. Tears are in your eyes as you feel so natural and relaxed now that she is in your arms. Your eyes look up to meet Drew's tear filled and happy eyes as he stares at the little girl in your arms. He gives you a smile and tries to play it off that he wasn't getting emotional but he can't hide it as you let out a warm laugh and smile.

"You guys looks so happy, how long have you been dating?" Your eyes shoot straight to the man who has been quite the whole time, as you let out a laugh in surprise.

You were about to speak but you were cut out by Drew's loud deep voice,

"Two years nearly" he gives the couple a warm smile as they smile in surprise.

"Wow, no offence about the shock but you don't see many young couples last for that long these days" The man said with a tone of guilt for his reaction.

Drew just gave him a smile and a slight shake of his head, reassuring the other man that it was fine and more if a compliment. You were still confused as to why Drew said you were a couple. You feel your phone vibrate in the pocket of your shorts and you give the small baby back to it's mother,

"Sorry, could you please excuse me?" you pull your phone out of your pocket and put it to your ear whilst walking away from the group.

"It's okay, we better be going anyway, it's nearly little misses nap time" The mother talks in a baby voice whilst touching the baby's nice making her laugh.

-
Phone call:

"Hello?"

"Hi"

"Oh my god Demi how are you? Why are you calling me? Is something wrong?" You panic as the worry takes over you and you pace back forth.

"Nothing, im fine"

"Oh thank god"

"I just wanted to hear your voice again, i miss you (y/n)"

"I miss you too baby"

"So, what are you doing? Anything interesting?"

"Um-I-I...U-"

"(y/n) what's wrong? what are you doing?"

Yet again you have to swallow your nerves and make up an excuse, you can't tell her this until you are certain

"Nothing, just out shopping with friends"

"Why did you stutter?"

"Because im trying to avoid them, you know?"

"Ooh" you hear her sigh down the phone "Okay baby have fun"

"I will, bye boo get well soon" you make a kissing noise down the phone which makes her laugh and you can feel her smiling

You hang up and turn to find Drew stood behind you, telling from his posture he had been stood there for awhile and must if heard the conversation.

"Who was that?" He asks you with no emotion but in a protective-like tone.

"Urmm..." You lose the words from your mouth and your mind goes blank, should you tell him because he is one of your best friends or should you lie to him, the possible father of your unknown child?