"We will. We'll try everything."

Damon scoffs and rolls his eye, "Your choice, Elena. As always." he gets up and leaves. Stefan looks at Elena one last time before getting up. He nods at me before leaving.

Stefan closes the door and Elena looks at me. "Maya, are you okay?" she's asks and I give her a small smile. "No, but I will be and so will you."

She pulls me into a hug and starts to cry on my shoulder. "I thought–I thought I was gonna die and all I could think about was you."

I pull away from the hug, "Elena..."

"I love you and I never ever want to leave you." she tells me and some tears fall from my face. "Stop, you're making me cry. I love you too."

§

Elena takes a bite of a sandwich and chews slowly, making a disgusted face but quickly tries to cover it up. "It's disgusting." Stefan spoke.

"No it's, um..." Elena says with her mouth full. "It's disgusting." Stefan repeats, chuckling. "Yeah, I'm gonna puke." Elena spits out the sandwich into a napkin.

"How can you mess up a sandwich?" I ask, walking to the table and grabbing the other half of the sandwich and taking a bit of it.

"It's disgusting, isn't it?" he asks me. I nod and spit out my food in a napkin.

"I never thought I'd be saying this, but I can't stop thinking about blood." Elena states.

I look at her before walking away from her. "I won't feed from you, Maya. I would never do that." she tells me. I nod, "I know."

"I should have saved you first. You shouldn't be going through this right now." Stefan tells her. "No, if you had saved me, then Matt would be dead. What do you think I'd be going through then?"

Stefan pours himself a drink and takes a sip. Elena gets up and walks over to him. "Stefan, listen to me. You did the right thing. You did what you always do; you respected my choice."

"And what am I supposed to do if Bonnie can't figure out a way to help you, huh? Because then you have another choice to make. Either let yourself die or be a vampire."

"Well then, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Elena pauses and laughs, "Oh my God, did– did I just say cross that bridge?"

Elena starts to laugh. I gave her a look; what's so funny about that?

"You're laughing. I'm pretty sure you don't actually think that's funny." Stefan says. She's still laughing, "I– I can't stop though."

"Your emotions are a bit heightened today. A lot heightened." Stefan states. Elena continues to laugh but then she starts to cry. Stefan embraces her, "Hey. Shh, shh. It's okay. It's okay."

"I'm sorry. I..."

Stefan pulls away and cups her face. "Listen to me. No matter what happens, I'm here for you. I can help you."

Elena looks out the window and squints her eyes due to the brightness of the sunlight. "Why don't you go back upstairs where it's dark? I'll clean up." Elena nods and walks back upstairs.

"I feel bad for her," I sigh. Stefan nods, agreeing. Stefan changes the subject, "How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine, at least now I am." I respond, fiddling with my fingers.

Stefan walks out of the kitchen and I follow him. I was stopped short to a couple of officers that had their guns pointed at Stefan.

As they see me, they point their guns at me. I held my arms up.