Chapter 21

I was sitting on the bench in the garden staring into the space. It was a beautiful night...the sky was full of stars.

"Jae...are you watching me up there?" I mumbled and tears started to form in my eyes again. I touched my stomach trying to feel the baby with tears rolled down my cheeks. I remembered every time he asked for my trust, his worried face with sad eyes, his calm face...I missed those moments...I really do...Jae...I missed you...

"You said you never leave me and what now?...You broke your promise..." I mumbled sobbing silently.

"You can catch a cold, you know?" I quickly wiped my tears as I found Taewon oppa standing behind me.

"An...anyeong oppa. When did you come?" I managed to say.

"A while ago...you cry again..." He said sitting down beside me. I lowered my head down.

"How do you feel today?"

"Sick all day...but I can handle it. It's normal for pregnancy..." I said lowly.

"Tomorrow you have to see the doctor, right? I'll accompany you, ok?"

"No need, Oppa. I can go by myself. You've helped me more than enough."

"I'll come to take you in the morning tomorrow. Good night." He said and then walked to the gate before I could protest. I sighed feeling sorry toward him. I was not good enough to deserve his love, a very good heart from him. I really could not.

Morning

I woke up with a slight headache. Looking around made me feel like living alone in the world. But the next moment, when I touched my stomach, I felt warm and knew that I was not only one who lived in the wide world. I tried to smile and got off the bed to ready myself to the hospital but my eyes caught something strange on the nightstand. I approached the nightstand and found a flower, Daisy? I frowned thinking. I didn't remember I put that flower there and we never had daisy in the garden...we never bought that flower too. Then who put it on the nightstand? I picked the flower up and examined it closely. It was fresh and alive. Or...it's from Taewon oppa? No, he never gave me flowers before...it could not be...but maybe it could be...

I snapped out of the thought because of the knock on the door. I put the flower down and went to open the door.

"Good morning, agassi. Taewon-ssi is waiting for you." Mrs. Lee said smiling. I sighed but nodded.

"Thank you, Auntie. I'll be ready in minutes. Please, tell him."

"Nae"

I sighed staring at the flower. Where could it from?

So, I went to the hospital with Taewon oppa. We were sitting on the waiting chair waiting for my turn.

"I'll get the drink. Wait here, ok?" He said and walked away. I let out a deep breath looking around. I found a woman with a baby in her arms. I approached her and stared at the baby. He was sleeping soundly. I smiled reaching my hand to pat his hair gently. That woman smiled at me.

"It's your first time being pregnant?" She asked. I nodded.

"You're nervous? Me too, when I was pregnant with my first child I was very excited and nervous. Don't worry everything will be fine..."

"Thank you..."

"Your husband is very handsome and caring...you're so lucky." She said looking at Taewon who walking toward us.

"Ani. He's not my husband. He's my brother." I said.

"Oh. Then where is your husband? I guess he's very busy, right?"