Chapter Two: The Escape! Uh, Sort of..

Start from the beginning

"Don't get your hopes up. Let's just fix this problem." I said, getting out too.

"Fine, give me 300,000 dollars, and we're good. Preferably in cheque. "

"What... WHAT?!" I exclaimed. "300,000 dollars?!"

"In cheque," he added. I looked in the car, and glared at Rose. She looked at me with her ‘puppy-dog eyes’. I sighed, and glanced back at Roy. Then I had an idea.

"Roy..." I smiled. He raised an eyebrow at me. "You know, how we're friends now…"

"We're friends now?" he repeated blankly. I walked towards him, rather seductively.

"Well, I thought we were..." I trailed off, placing a hand on his chest. I felt his hard biceps underneath my fingers.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow, clearly amused. I pulled my hand back quickly.

"No." I said curtly.

"Good, cause it's not working." he laughed.

"Yeah, Saph! You gotta move your hips more!" Arlie exclaimed from the car. I could hear Rose and Lizina laughing.

*facepalm* okay so, that was a fail.

"Royyy…" I whined.

"Yesss..?" He looked up from his phone. He was probably texting his lawyer, and the tow-truck.

"I'm sure we can, um, compromise with this. Like yesterday, you know." he grinned as we heard my friends whistle from the car. Ugh, they're such guys sometimes. "Anything, as long as it's not sex, drugs, abuse and prostitution."

"I'm sure we can compromise. But…" he looked inside my car, "if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were making a run for it."

"Psshhfft, I was not," I said, leaning against my car door. He walked towards me so he was right in front of me, in my personal space. He leaned in, and whispered in my ear.

"Good, or else I'd find you, and make it even worse.” I pushed him away, and glared at him.

“Yeah, whatever.” I said as I took out my iPhone. Ugh, daddy is not going to like this. The damage is gonna cost at least 5,000. For my blue Toyota matrix at least. I sighed.

“Hey.” I turned to look at Roy, as he scrunched up his face into the cutest expression.

Wait. What?!

Did I just call him cute?

No. no. Noo.

Ugly expression.

“What’s your name?”

Shit. Shit.Shit.

He caught me.

“Err. Mary! Yuup, that’s my name!” I answered.

“SAPPHIRE, DID YOU TELL JAMES THAT I’M MOVING TO ALASKA TO LIVE WITH MY ESKIMO UNCLE? I DON’T EVEN HAVE AN ESKIMO UNCLE!” Arlie shouted, infuriated. I turned and saw her fuming face, which was glaring at a text message from James. I glanced back at Roy.

“Hee, hee…  my middle name is Mary.” I lied to Roy.

I turned back to Arlie. “I COULDN’T HELP IT, HE’S SO GULLIBLE WHEN IT COMES TO YOU.”

“Wait till I get my hands on you, Missy…” she glared at me.

“Excuse me, sir? Ma’am? We need you to clear the road…” I looked up to see a police man. I saw that we had caused quite a traffic jam.

“Right away, sir.” Roy said, immediately calling someone.

“Would either of you like to file charges against the other?” I looked at Roy, silently begging him to say no. He looked back at me, and winked.

“No sir, we’re fine.”

Phew, that was close.

-x-

“WHAT?!”I exclaimed.

I think this guy’s high or something – he wants me to be his slave for 12 whole months, that’s ONE whole year. Just cause I damaged his head and his car, all within 24 hours.

WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?

“Yep, that or, you pay me 300,000 + 15,000 dollars, in cheque.” he smiled at me.

We were at his house, I mean palace. This place was huge – I bet if I sold it, we would be able to feed a whole third-world country!

I sighed. I guess I have no choice.

“Fine…” I muttered, he grinned, and took out a contract.

“Just sign on the dotted line, and I’ll forget both incidents ever happened.”

I signed.

I’m now officially enslaved to Mr. Hot-Stuff.