“Seriously?” 

I looked at Hugo who was staring at me, his jaw almost grazing the floor. “I’m sorry, what?” I asked.

“You haven’t done the deed yet?” 

I shook my head, looking somewhat puzzled, “why are you so surprised?”

“I’m-umm,” he spluttered, his ears going slightly pink “It’s just, he’s Scorpius...you know a Malfoy. I would’ve expected...especially since it’s been over a year...” he trailed off. 

I giggled at his embarrassed expression, “Thank you Hugo. I didn’t really need to be reminded off my boyfriend’s ‘playerish’ ways. But I think he really has changed. He said he’ll wait until I’m ready...and I mean I’m only seventeen, there’s plenty of time.

“He must really be in love with you,” Hugo murmured smiling. “I’m happy for you, but, ummm...yeah. Well I’m glad we’ve cleared that up. Now where is everyone?”

Personally I think Hugo looked relieved to be off the topic. I don’t blame him.  Yes he was my cousin but some things should really just stay between girls. For example the topic of my non-existent sex life. 

Thank Merlin that was the moment where everyone decided to come into the compartment, silencing the awkward conversation.

“So, let me get this straight. You want us to walk up and down this train for the whole journey? I thought this being ‘responsible prefect’ thing didn’t start until we actually got there!” complained Castor McLaren, new fifth year Slytherin prefect. 

“And who on earth would made you a prefect?” asked Darcy Hart, seventh year Ravenclaw who always seemed to compete with me for everything. “Then again, I’m not sure why McGonagall made Lily, Head Girl after all,” she said sparing me a short glance. And there she goes again...

“Darcy, I have no idea why she did either, but can we get along please? Just for the sake of everyone else in here,” I said conversationally.

She plastered a fake smile on her face, “I’m sorry, of course.”

“Right, well in answer to your question Castor, no we don’t expect you to patrol the train the whole journey, only for half an hour or so. It is part of your duties as a prefect,” Hugo reasoned.  

“This sucks,” Castor slouched back against the seat scowling. “I didn’t even want to be a prefect in the first place!”

“Then why are you here? You could have turned it down,” I said.

“That would be a relief to us all,” muttered Darcy. I frowned at her before turning my attention back to Castor.

“Because my stupid parents made me. This isn’t even going to help me pick up girls,” he groaned. 

I laughed, as well as every other girl in the compartment. He reminded me for a second of a younger Drake. That same arrogant thinking...as well as the hair. Could well be.

“Well I’m going to let you all go now, if you need any help or have any questions, Lily and I will be happy to help if you ask,” Hugo finished as everyone started getting up and trudging out of the compartment just as my cousin and coincidentally best friend, decided to come barging in. 

“Awww look some of them are so short!” she said smiling down at a scared looking Hufflepuff fifth year boy. 

“Roxy...they’re really not that short! Ok possibly that one boy, but the rest of them are much taller than you,” I pointed out.