☆ Chapter v ☆

My shoes squeaked against the polished floor as I headed down the winding hall. My eyes never left the floor. I winced as my handcuffs pinched my wrist. "12, why do I have to wear these stupid things?" I clenched my teeth and snarled at the droid.

"Miss Vogel, I am simply following orders from Lord Ren." My heart dropped. I blinked and swallowed. What just happened?! Am I actually sad that he ordered this? Am I surprised? I let a dry chuckle escape my lips. How could I be so foolish? I'M HIS PRISONER. My mind wandered to what happened in the hallway earlier. He held me. I felt the chemistry. That moment, though I didn't want to admit it, had sparked something. That moment had ignited something under my skin, in my bones. At that very moment, with my shoes squeaking under me and my wrists clamped tightly behind my back, I made a decision. I would never let Kylo Ren get a hold on me. It was simple, push the feelings down; deep down. Lock 'em up. Put them in a box along with all the other horrible messed up crap in my life. I was a bit sickened when I realized how good I am at bottling my feelings. Well, practice makes perfect. Images of my drunken dad, my frail mother, my grandma's empty chair, all paraded through my head. Bottle it. Lock 'em up. "Miss Vogel. Madison. We're here." 12 cautiously directed me towards a large shiny door. Red lights. Keypad. Kylo holding me.

"Oh great, not this place." I sighed, struggling against my handcuffs.

"Luckily, not quite." 12 scooted past me and turned opposite of the glowing door. 12 whirred as a small mechanical hand extended from his side. The hand quickly summoned a smaller keypad. After rapidly typing a complex code, a panel jolted and slid, disappearing and leaving a gap in the hallway wall. 12 swung towards me and watched me walk in. Aside from his lack of emotions, I somehow felt his face was reassuring and apologetic.

"Miss Vogel." The red-haired officer spat my name at me. I don't think that we will be friends. "I will go summon Lord Ren." He swaggered away, leaving me cringing. I scanned the room in a panic. Pick the lock, what can I use to pick the lock of these handcuffs? Do they even have a lock? Ugh. I was bent over struggling to pick up a pencil when a dark entity stormed into the room.

"DON'T pick the lock." Kylo boomed, smirking down at me. Surprised, I fell over, crushing my hands under my butt.

"OW!" I yelped, unable to get up.

"Please, don't strain yourself." Kylo said condescendingly. With a flick of his hand, I rose to my feet. How could his force feel so gentle when he stands here as a god of darkness? He might be able to put on a show, but perhaps his powers must remain true to his heart. Before I could explore these thoughts, I quickly trapped them in my invisible box. I suddenly snapped back to reality, and examined Kylo's face. Still, I could never be sure what he was feeling, but he reacted as though he heard my thou —. My cheeks flushed. He knew about me wanting to pick the lock, of course he could read thoughts. And that means he heard all of what I just 'said'. Abruptly turning from me, Kylo shook loose his dark curls. After regaining his composure, he faced me. "I have brought you here to discuss your value to the First Order. I am starting to suspect that my sparing you has had no benefit."

"What— what are you trying to say?" I narrowed my eyes.

"If you have nothing of value to offer the First Order, then execution is a viable option." He couldn't meet my gaze after his sentence.

"No way. You can't be serious! I'm just trying to get home!" I pleaded.

"I — it's — I need to keep things impersonal." He stuttered. His steel bravado began to crack.

"Well," I could feel the immense pressure in the room, the weight of my answer. A primitive instinct awakened in me, the animal reaction of self-preservation. "good thing I can be of use." Kylo's eyes brightened as General Hux's rolled.

"What could she possibly have to offer to us? Anything more than trouble and medical expenses?" Hux ignored the fact that I could hear his words.

"Yes. I am a skilled, uh, a skilled..." I surveyed my surroundings, and my eyes landed on a clear glass panel. Past the window, people milled about in some sort of launchpad. Spaceships flew in and out, and a wall of dormant aircraft towered over the workers. A man popped open a wall panel and began poking at wires. His toolbox was labeled with a single word: technician. "technician! I'm a skilled technician. Very skilled." I gulped and nodded my head. I focused on keeping an unwavering face.

"Well," Kylo approached me, appearing to grow taller and taller the closer he got. He stopped just inches from my face. "let's see what she's got." I felt his breath. All at once, he was gone. His cape swished through the archway. 12 zipped into the room.

"Lord Ren has assigned you a room, come with me."

"You know, 12, I do a whole lot of following you around." I sighed. 

Thank you, thank you so much for all the support! It makes writing so worth it when I get good feedback

Thank you, thank you so much for all the support! It makes writing so worth it when I get good feedback. It makes me smile when I hear from you guys :)) Keep giving feedback and I hope you've enjoyed the new chapter! Please share with friends to get my work to more readers. Once again, THANK YOU! ☆☆☆☆☆

- c :)