school - the boy

tuesday, september 14th, 7:28 am.

-

i walk into the cafeteria, and look for my girlfriend, jenna. she's sitting at the table that is called the "pops table". i guess popular people sit there. i guess im a popular person. i mean, yeah, i have a lot of 'friends', i play sports, people 'like' me. but honestly, if people knew the real me, it would be the opposite. i sit next to jenna, giving her a quick kiss on the forehead and grab her hand and hold it in my lap. "tyler! why are you so late? classes start in 10 minutes!" "i-i was busy." "what was up?" "oh, um-" my parents were fighting so i snuck to the café. "i couldn't sleep last night so i stayed up watching tv." i said hesitantly, i really hope she doesn't ask any more questions.

-

tuesday, september 14th, 7:40 am.

-

the first period bell rings, and i head to class. "hey tyler good luck at tonights game!" my buddy mark yells across the hall. i completely forgot about tonights game against the raiders. "oh thanks mark!" i yell across the hall. i arrive at my first period, which is athletics. i head to the gym and go to the lockers and grab my clothes. i head to the showers to change. i hear people whispering outside the stall. "hey man, did you hear about jenna black?" "no man, what's going on with jenna?" my heart begins to race. my hands start sweating. "apparently she's cheating on tyler with greg benson." tears begin rushing down my face. "please, jenna isn't like that bro." "greg even said that himself, and he showed me the writing on his hand that said, 'xoxo, jenna-bear' and it was her handwriting." my legs start shaking. i have been dating jenna for almost eight months, this couldn't be true. i pull up my shorts and wait for the two boys to leave. i need to find greg, and i need to be good this isn't true.

-

i head outside and start to run laps. im gazing around, trying to find greg, and i see him, across the track, with jenna. begin to feel queasy. my hands are shaking. my arms crying out, "tyler give in, give in tyler, jenna doesn't love you, we do, show us" i can't take this anymore. i run across the field and see that jenna and greg were making out. i fall to my knees, and the grass is stinging my legs. i get up and punch greg in the face.