6: Convergence

Crows were everywhere as they walked past the sea of corpses and endured the horrible smell of rot while carrying a shopping cart full of guns.

"This is like in my dreams where I take walks in the park, FILLED WITH CORPSES!" Len began to say with a maniacal laugh as he enjoyed pushing the cart while Renoe walked beside him, using his Talent to pick out anything useful among the corpses.

"Ever wonder how things would be if we were normal, Rennie?" the psychopath asked his companion as a crow landed on his shoulder and prompted him to rub the bird's lower beak.

"That is the weirdest sentence I have heard from someone who is the farthest from being normal between the two of us", the pale assassin commented as he stooped down to pick up a pair of revolvers that were still on holsters from a corpse.

"If we were normal though, we would be dead. Being normal, would be being weak", Renoe continued as he looked at the corpse of a little girl still in a school uniform.

The corpse reminded him of his reason for being what he now was; a cold-blooded killer.

"I was walking through the park one day~ ♫! In the merry merry month of May~♫ !" Len began to sing as he punted away a corpse's head and sent in flying whilst his comrade kept moving, it was all they could do amidst all the madness around them.

The plaza was just up ahead.

"They're finally back..."  a girl wearing a hoodie and a gasmask that resembled a dragonfly's head began to say as she and two others arrived at the mall's parking lot.

To the dragonfly's left was a lithe blonde wearing a dark-grey sweater with black jeans and a medical mask topped with a dark-grey bonnet that matched the color of her sweater and hid what looked to be a black nurse's uniform.

And to the dragonfly's right was a busty girl with long, reddish, curly hair wearing a figure-hugging black suit and a mask that was reminiscent of a thief at a masquerade ball.

"About dang time, being a normie was bo~ring!" the thief complained in a very sing-song voice as she led the way while the nurse and the dragonfly glared at her chest from a distance, they were unfortunately both flat and couldn't help but curse their well-endowed friend.

Being away from her for more than a year had made them forget why they used to bully her before, and this reunion just rekindled their hatred with a vengeance.

"Aria is still an eyesore as usual, wouldn't you agree Libby?" the dragonfly asked the nurse while the thief walked on.

"As usual I have to agree with ya Marla, those masses of fat piss me off", Libby began to say as their busty friend bumped into a gigantic creature that resembled a giant, flesh-colored centipede with human arms in place of insectoid legs.

"Dang, you're ugly as fuck", Libby began to say as she unleashed a powerful scream that blew the skin off of the creature, causing it to fall dead at her feet as the grizzle and organs spilled onto the pavement.

"Kinda gruesome for a nurse, don't you think?" Aria asked as the nurse walked past her.

"Fuck off, you pile of meat", Libby retorted as she moved on ahead of them ahead.

They had to move quickly, their targets' signals were a few more miles up ahead.

Something stood in the disguised demon's way as he stopped a car in mid-air using his telekinesis. 

The car was thrown at him from out of nowhere and if he hadn't sensed it with his Talent, he would have most likely been hurt or worse. 

The attacker wore unique black armor that revealed only his mouth and claw-like arms, his eyes however were completely covered by a black, crystalline visor that only hinted at his red, glowing eyes and pallid, grey skin.