Fifteen

•Gavin's POV•

Michael and I spend the rest of the night joking around, playing Pokèmon on our DS's, and watching Always Sunny.

Eventually, Michael falls asleep on the chair next to my bed. I turn off the TV and fall asleep as well.

When I wake up in the morning, Michael's gone. A nurse walks in and informs me that I will be 'released' today.

As soon as the nurse leaves, Michael walks back in with a tray of food.

"Here ya go, Gavin." he says, handing me a styrofoam plate of food.

He returns to his seat next to me and we eat breakfast together.

"Micoo?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to take me home? I'm getting released today."

"Of course I'll take you home!"

At around noon, two nurses and a doctor enter my room. The doctor holds a paper.

"If you will sign this paper, we will transfer your medical information to your hospital in Austin, and you will be free to leave."

I sign the paper and the nurses re-bandage some of my wounds before they say I can leave.

Michael picks up my suitcase as I grab my crutches, standing on them uneasily.

We both grab our phones and DS's and wedge them in our pockets.

As we walked down the stairs and out to Michael's car, I almost cried. My little boy drove all the way to Maine for me.

And we get in and drive away.