Chapter 5

Erin's POV

Abby and I have decorated the room with a banner that says 'Welcome Home Holtzy' and we've placed some christmas lights stringing from one end of the ceiling to the other. 

I'm sitting on the couch wearing my pink comfy sweater and leggings trying to look casual as where Abby's just relaxing at the kitchen table looking at us and smiling.

"E-Erin?" Holtzmann says in a shaky voice.

I could see a single tear fall down her cheek as she looked at me.

Patty quickly moved Erin from the top of the stair cases over to the couch and plopped her right down next to me.

Our faces are probably only and inch and a half away.

"Hi." I say with a smile and a little giggle.

I'm looking into her blue eyes and I can see the tears.

"H-Hi." She says showing a little smile.

Another tear streams down her cheek. 

"Come here." I say as I reach out my arms to hug her.

She leans in and puts her head on my chest as I wrap my arms around her.

I look at Abby who's smiling from ear to ear and giving me a thumbs up.

I see Patty dancing around, jumping up and down, and silently screaming.

I pull her away from my chest.

"You better?" I ask with a smile.

I just want for her to feel comfortable. I hate seeing her upset let alone cry.

"Yeah." She says back looking up at me with a laugh. 

Our faces are even closer now.

And it's completely silent.

Neither one of us moves for probably 2 minutes.

"Hey wanna watch a movie?" I ask pulling my head away from our little thing and hold up 2 movies.

The first one in my left hand being the world renowned comedy 'South Park, Bigger, Longer, and Uncut' and the second one in my right hand being a romance 'The Notebook'.

Now personally, I would much prefer The Notebook because it's a romance and I want to tell Holtzmann my feelings for her tonight.

"YESS OH MY GOD SOUTH PARK PLEASE." She says clapping her hands and sitting up.

Of course.

"Let me go make popcorn really quick and then I'll put the movie in." I say looking into her eyes once again but from a further distance. 

I quickly get up and do a little run to the kitchen to see Abby and Patty waiting there for me.

Holtzmann can't see us because it's a little separate room from everywhere else.

"Okay Erin look, we could tell by your face that you wanted to not watch this movie but trust me. You're going to be a lot happier when you watch this one." Abby says to me.

"Oh, and what the fuck do you think you're doing out there? You had like three chances to kiss her and you didn't grown some balls." Patty says pushing me around.

"Yeah yeah I know Patty." I say as I take the popcorn out of the microwave, open it up, and pour it into a bowl. 

After I have the popcorn all set I look at both of them staring at me.