Prolougue

Ella's POV

I don't remember much of my childhood to be honest. I've never had great long term memory. I do vaguely remember this section of my childhood, unfortunately. I was about 6, and I had just finished helping my mom dress my baby sister after a bath one evening.

8 years ago...

"Okay, I just put Maisy down for bed." My mother says, referring to my baby sister. "And, there's something I need to tell you."

My mom had her serious face on, which usually meant she was about to tell me something bad.

And she did.

"I'm leaving tonight. To see Drew. To stay with Drew." She said dryly. Drew was the man my mom was cheating on my dad with. Pretty rough home life for a 6 year old, huh?

"W-why?" I asked.

"Well, I've been thinking, and I don't love your father anymore. I actually never did. I mean, look at where we're living! This small house is not enough for us. Drew is a brain surgeon and makes a fortune, we'll be living in style!" It was true. Drew lived in a huge house in Arizona, and my mom has been lying about making "business trips" to go see him.

She gets down on her knees and comes close to me. "I'm taking you and the baby. It's the only way sweetheart."

Present day...

I remember packing a bag and driving to Arizona that night, and getting to Drew's house the next day. Moving from California to Arizona wasn't long. I don't remember much after that event.

But I remember my mom getting into drugs and the next thing I know I'm in and out of foster homes for the next 2 years.

But one day these two men, Alec and Evan adopted me and another little girl. Shortly after, we had moved to Sweden for my Dads jobs.

My daily routine was always the same. Me and my younger sister, Emma, were homeschooled. We would do school for the day, then go to the local Swedish bakery and eat pastries with the owner. I loved it there. But finally, my Dads' business was completed, and we had made enough money for none of us to ever work another day of our lives, so we moved back to America.

It was a sad day, but I do remember most of it. After all it was only a few weeks ago.

But during my days in Maryland I've made another memory.

A Boy. Especially a boy by the name of Caleb.

And this memory I recall very clearly.