You Must Protect

•Gumball

Finally, I made it back to the Candy Kingdom 2 hours before the meeting so my parents wouldn't be expecting me to be awake yet. "Thank you, Marshymellow!" I teased. "Hey! You're welcome Bubblebutt!" Marshall smirked and flew out my balcony waving. I waved back and went right into my closet to change my clothes into something more suitable for a family meeting. I changed into my only outfit which wasn't completely pink and instead, was a shirt with dark grey, elbow length sleeves and the rest was white, paired with casual, denim blue jeans with folded bottoms. I quickly brushed my teeth and fixed my dome piece, today I decided to do something new and comb it down a bit like Marshall, but not nearly as extreme. Mine was still fluffy and bubbly, whereas his was soft and silky. Marshall wasn't a bad guy once you get to know him better. I finished combing my hair and flopped onto my bed waiting for the meeting to start. I don't know why my family was so concerned over things like meetings. Can't we just talk to each other at any given time like normal families? I started hearing noises coming from the other room. The shower water spraying and the sink water running. My parents were awake by now and already, relatives and friends started knocking on the door. I thought this was a meeting, not a huge party. Oh well. I just sat there waiting for my parents to call me down to the main hall. "Prince Gumball! Are you up yet?" Pepper asked, knocking before opening the door. "Yup!" I replied. "The King and Queen are calling you down." She alerted. I nodded and waited for Pepper to leave before I headed out as well. The entire hall was occupied by relatives and friends...and even people I've never seen before! I saw my mom and dad on the dining table chairs, which were basically thrones. I walked over to them. "What's up?" I asked. "Excuse you! Come sit down and talk with us properly, I thought I taught you better!" My mom said. I sighed and sat in the chair in front of my parents. "Why are they so many people here?" I asked. "Oh! Did we not tell you? We're having a ball!" My mom replied. "What? Nobody told me this!" I said, taken back. "Well, sorry about that Gumball...now that you know, do you have a lovely princess in mind to dance with?" She asked. I stared at her confused. "Um...no, not yet." I replied. I didn't really care to find a girlfriend yet. I saw my mom give a disappointed look to my father. "Look son, we want you to rule the kingdom. Me and your mother are not capable of it. We're too old! The Nightosphere creatures can easily destroy our kingdom if we don't have a young protector with a princess on his side to keep those horrid monsters away." My father said. "But mom! Dad! The Nightosphere creatures are not at all like we think!" I pleaded. "HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT!? Do you know our history with those wretched SWINES!? THEY DESTROYED OUR KINGDOM! They turned our beautiful place into an isolated LANDFILL! It was only like that until me and your father came here. We built up our kingdom once again, BRICK by BRICK! And YOU mean to tell ME, that the Nightosphere creatures are not so bad!?" My mother said with a lot of aggression. "They've changed! That was the past! You said it yourself mom, forgive and forget." I defended. My mom stared at my father again. "Son, just...try to find someone soon, okay?" I nodded. My mom looked away as my dad gave me a sign that it was okay to leave. "I slowly got out from my seat and went back to my room. I stared out at my balcony, wishing Marshall would come and swoop me away again so I can leave this place. I sighed and sat down on my bed.