⊿ CHAPTER ONE; COLORS

01; COLORS

"Not all those who wander are lost."
- All that is gold does not glitter by J.R.R

The sun was slowly rising, sending rays of light into Rosewood. Gradually as the sun rose, it started to spread vibrantly across the sky, before the blue sky was seen. The morning wasn't really dull, it hasn't been for many years.

And that's what Alison Dilaurentis liked. The way it was so calm now.

Alison Dilaurentis pulled back the curtains of the living, letting the light flood in. She picked up the laundry basket next to her and made her way out of the house and into the garden. She placed the clothes onto the washing line, quickly but carefully, before making her way back inside, ready to cook breakfast.

Upstairs, Emily Fields pulled on her dressing gown, making her way into the bathroom and getting herself ready for the day. She quickly showered, put her makeup on and her work clothes before making her way down the hall. She opened the first door, revealing a small girl who was sat at her table, playing tea party. Emily let out a small giggle, which grabbed the little girl's attention.

"Mom..Mrs Cuddlywiggs was a little thirsty, so we started the afternoon tea party now..."

"That's fine, but we need to get you ready for school, Imani." Emily said as she watched Imani take her tiara off, as she walked to the bed, sulking before she sat down. Emily sat down next to her, placing her arm around Imani.

"Do I have to go?" Imani questioned as she pouted. Emily smiled at the seven year old, pulling her into a hug.

"Yes, everyone has to." Emily paused as she thought for a moment. "Don't you want to be a vet?" She questioned, watching as Imani's eyes lit up.

"Yeah! I do!" The seven year old chirped, excitedly.

"You have to work hard in school, so that you can work as a vet, school teaches you everything you need to know."

"Is it? Well..we watched Finding Nemo and a bunch of other movies last year."

"If you put that aside, all the fun stuff, you should be able to remember what you're taught. Mathematics, Science, English and even small things to do with keeping yourself safe."

"Yeah..you're right." Imani gave Emily one of her biggest and brightest smiles before getting up and going over to her wardrobe. Emily helped her by picking out a dress and putting her new pencil case and notebooks into her new backpack.

"Go downstairs as soon as you're ready and take your denim jacket, just in case it's a little chilly." Emily said before making her way to the room on the left, she knocked a few times before opening the door, revealing one teenage boy and another younger boy fast asleep. The room was painted dark blue and a few posters were tapped on both sides of the room. She walked over to the younger boy with the dark blonde hair, tapping him lightly.

"Nathan, it's time to wake up. You have that science-" As soon as Emily mentioned the word science, Nathan's eyes opened and he pushed himself up quickly.

"Morning Mom, thanks for the reminder, I would have slept in and then that would have a bad start to the day." He sighed as he pulled himself out of the bed, rushing over to his wardrobe and taking out his perfectly ironed clothes and his already packed bag. Emily felt proud of the twelve year old, she couldn't help but smile as she watched him. Behind Emily, Jacob yawned as he ran his hands through his dark brown hair, before getting up and making his way towards the bathroom.