one - adopted

Riley

"Wake up! Wake up! You're not gonna be ready in time!" Mrs. Lean cried, dragging the blankets off of me and pulling me out of bed.

"What? What's happening?" I mumbled, still half asleep. "There's people here to adopt you, I already told you this," she said, sounding exasperated.

I quickly shot up from the ground, eyes wide. "Crap! I forgot about that!" I muttered, rushing over to the mirror to fix my hair.

I quickly got dressed in a pair of baggy jeans and a shirt and sweater, slipping on my converse as I left the room.

"Here she is now," Mrs. Lean turned to me and smiled as I descended the stairs. I saw two men standing there and thought they looked familiar, but brushed it off.

The one with fluffy brown hair stepped forward. "Hi, I'm Tyler," he said, smiling, sticking out a hand.

I smiled - mostly at his voice, it was adorable - and accepted his hand, shaking it and letting it drop back to my side when he pulled his away.

"I'm Josh, now don't get this confused - technically I'm the one adopting you, but Tyler and I aren't together. No, we just live together," the guy with pink hair spoke.

"Well hi Tyler and Josh, I'm Riley, but you probably knew that," I blushed slightly, scuffing my shoes on the carpet.

"Okay, well let's go!" Tyler exclaimed, smiling brightly. I grinned, I think I could get used to this.

"Tyler, I need to do the paperwork," Josh snorted, following Mrs. Lean as she lead him into her office.

"Aw," Tyler pouted, and I stifled a laugh at his face. "Are you two old enough to adopt? You seem kinda young," I inquired, fixing my hair subconsciously.

"Yeah, Josh is twenty-one and I'm twenty. That's old enough isn't it?" he answered, quirking a brow.

"Yeah, it just doesn't seem old enough to adopt a fifteen year old. Imagine the looks on people's faces when you tell them how old I am," I laughed, noting the age difference was only five years.

Great, and it's not illegal because - wait, what am I saying? Tyler wouldn't be interested in me, and I probably shouldn't be interested in him, after all, I just met him.

His smile is adorable, though. And so is his voice. And his hair, and - what's wrong with me?

I noticed Tyler was waving a hand in front of my face and blushed, looking down. "Sorry, I must have zoned out," I apologized in a small voice.

He grinned. "It's fine, I do that all the time," he quickly assured me, lifting my chin and winking at me.

Josh emerged from the office holding a piece of paper above his head as if in victory.

"What's that?" I asked, standing on my tippy toes to get a better look. The other people who adopted me never had that...

"This is an adoption certificate. It states that I, Josh Dun, have adopted you officially, and..." he peered at the small words on the bottom of the page.

"Oh, it's about the thing I signed," he dramatically face-palmed. I frowned, still confused. "What thing?" I asked, slumping back onto my heels.

"This thing that says I'm not allowed to bring you back," he told me casually, grinning. "Really?" I yelped, jumping up excitedly. "Everyone else always said I wasn't good enough and brought me back within a week," I added, still happy.

"We won't," Josh smiled, Tyler adding, "Yeah, and even if we wanted to, we can't!"

A huge smile spread across my face and I grabbed their hands and dragged them out the door. "Let's go, what are we waiting for?"

Tyler laughed and sat in the back of the car with me while a... bodyguard? Wait, why do they have bodyguards?

"Uh, Tyler," I whispered, leaning closer to him. "Why do you have bodyguards?" I questioned quietly.

He laughed. "Because. We're twenty one pilots, and so are you."

oh ma lord look at that beautiful ending and without this note, this chapter is 666 words :')