"Which one?" Matt asks.

I let out a loud sigh at the thought of Damon, he probably won't ever talk to me again.

Stefan enters the house and quickly walks across the room towards Elena. Elena gets up from the couch, walking towards him and they hug.

"Stefan,"

"Hey."

-

I lay on the couch and Elena is laying on the other side, while Matt and Stefan are cooking in the kitchen.

Elena breaks the silence, "I'm being over coddled. I feel completely fine."

"You're on house arrest. You're supposed to be coddled." Stefan chuckles. "Wouldn't it be smarter if we just got you the hell out of town?" Matt asks.

"And do what? Go on the run for the rest of my life? No thank you." Elena gets up. "And I'm not an invalid. I'm done with the couch."

Elena leaves the living room, "Whatever, more room for me." I smile and made myself comfortable.

"So, you're just gonna let her call the shots?" I hear Matt say. "Letting her make her own decisions." Stefan replies.

I smile, this is why Stefan is better for Elena.

"Even if they're wrong?" Matt asks.

"Nothing wrong with free will, Matt. Trust me, you don't realize that till you lose it." Stefan says.

I heard the door knock, groaning I got up and open the door. My eyes widened at the figure in front of me. "Uhh," I smile lightly.

"Elijah," I heard Stefan say. I turned around and see Stefan, Matt, and Elena behind me.

"Hello again."

-

Elijah, Matt, Stefan, Elena, and I were together in the kitchen. I felt a little better that Elijah was here, but he wanted Klaus' body.

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth and Alaric will follow us." Elijah explains to us.

"And you'll just run?" Stefan asks, sitting next to Elena.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena and Maya are able to live out the rest of their natural life?" Elijah says.

"We've finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back." Elena replies.

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps that will finally teach him some manners." he responds.

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her and Maya over." Matt joins in.

"And for that, I am deeply ashamed. But know this, they could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight, so Elena or Maya, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not." Elijah replies. I sigh heavily, I can't make this decision on my own.

Suddenly, Damon responds. He is on the phone from the road, "Not! Hello? Did that concussion give you brain damage?! His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!"

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms. If you return Klaus' body to us, Elena will come to no harm." Elijah claims.

Elena looks at Stefan and I.

"Do we have a deal?" he asks. "No! No, no, no, no! Did I mention no?" Damon groans.

"It's up to you, guys." Stefan tells us. "Oh, come on!" Damon mutters.

"Why do you want Klaus' body?" Elena asks "He's my brother. We remain together." Elijah answers.

Elena looks at me and nods. "We have a deal." I tell him.

-

I wake up on my bed, furrowing my eyebrows. I don't even remember falling asleep. "Elena?" I yell; no answer.

I sit up from my bed quickly, feeling dizzy. No one was home, where the hell were they?

I called Elena but she wasn't answering her phone. So, I called Stefan and he answered. "Hey," I spoke.

"Hi."

I shrug, "Where are you guys? I just woke up and no one is home." I say, walking down my stairs. I hear Stefan let out a breath, "You missed a lot while you were asleep."

I chuckle, "What's that suppose to mean?"

"It's gonna take a lot in. For starters, Klaus is officially dead."

"W-What?" my voice cracking, already feeling my eyes watering. "I-I can't do this over the phone,"

"Stefan, what else happened?!"

"Matt and Elena drove over the Wickery Bridge." he tells me and I let out a gasp. "What? Are they okay?!"

"Matt's fine." he replies bluntly. I furrow my eyebrows, "Okay, that's good. What about Elena?!"

No response.

"Stefan–is Elena okay or not?" I question, already feeling dizzy. "When I went down to save them, Elena sacrificed herself for Matt. There was no time to save her..."

I hear him let out a shaky breath, "I can't do this,"

"What do you mean there was no time to save her?! Is she d–dead?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"I'm s–sorry, Maya."

I sat down and began crying, still on the phone with Stefan. "Do you want me to come over so i can comfort you?" I quickly shook my head, realizing that he couldn't see me. "No, no. I'm good." I reply, sniffing.

"Are you sure?" he asks, concern through the phone. "Yes, Stefan. I'm sure, I'm okay. Goodbye." I state calmly and hung up the phone before he could say anything.

The thing is, I wasn't okay. I wasn't sure. I wasn't over it. I never wanted this to happen. I don't want Stefan to see me cry like a baby.

I bursted into tears as I began to think about all the memories Elena and I had. All the good and bad. Our fights, our makeups; everything. Slowly slipping away...