eleven

"you got this man, just do it." seungcheol shoved a bouquet of flowers into seokmin's hands.

"ah... hyung!" seokmin whined, trying to give the bouquet back to him.

"seokmin, you have to man up!" seungcheol said, like a commander.

he grabbed the sides of seokmin's face tightly and looked at him in the eye. "focus," he said.

"okay, okay!" seokmin laughed.

he felt his heart thump harder, as he thought about her.

••••••••••
"gfriend, standby!" it was their cue and the live mc section was about to be off-air.

"3,2,1!" the pd-nim counted down.

the music started playing and the girls smiled towards the respective cameras.

yoona maintained a smile on her face although the though of seokmin bothered her conscience.

when her part came, she hit the high note perfectly. splendid indeed.

the pd-nim smiled in delight upon hearing her voice and the expressions she was displaying.

the song finally came to an end and they hurried off the stage when the pd-nim signalled to them.

the members went in for a group hug and sowon said, "we did a good job, our first stage..." she pat the members' back as she praised.

they all chuckled softly and a cough sound could be heard from behind them.

they immediately turned around. yoona blinked at the figure in front of her.

"seungcheol oppa!" she ran to him and gave a hug.

"woah, look what we have here...a bear hugger..." he awkwardly stood there with his arms raised in the air, as if he was surrendering.

she let go of him and exclaimed, "i missed you,"

yoona turned to her members and an expression of realisation spreads across her face.

"this is my cousin, choi seungcheol." yoona introduced and he bowed politely.

they bowed back and seungcheol gave a small smile.

"how's debut?" he asked.

"the process was so tiring and we had to withstand everything..." sinbi replied as the others, including yoona, all nodded.

"speaking of debut, when is seungcheol oppa going to-" yoona got tongue tied.

her gaze happened to come across a familiar face, who was approaching seungcheol from the back.

her jaw dropped and a lone tear trailed down her cheek.

"s-seokmin..." she muttered. as that smiling face came closer, he pushed seungcheol out of the way and made his way to yoona.

he gave a small smile. he felt uncertain but managed to gather the words in his head.

"have you been well?" he started off.

"i have been well,"

"here are some flowers for you," seokmin handed the flowers to her.

"congrats on your debut, i hope you guys will be successful." he gave a assuring look.

"thanks," she accpeted the flowers.

"let's go somewhere and talk." seokmin suggested and she agreed, before following him.

••••••••••
"yoona, i want to get back together..." he went straight to the point as he sank in the seat.

yoona was speechless.

"i'm glad you want to," yoona grinned but it then soon faded away.

"but we can't,"
she replied.

"w-what do you mean?" he stuttered.

"we can't get back together, as much as we want to, we just can't." yoona sighed.

"company policies. 2 and a half years of dating ban."
yoona explained.

"i'm glad that even in the end, you still chose me. i'm lucky to be loved by someone who is loyal."

seokmin was not his usual self. he was now quiet and glum.

however, he still listened to yoona.

"i'm happy enough to just remember the thought of you, the image of your smile and many other good things about you..." yoona was going to cry soon.

"i love you and i'm sorry seokmin, i think we'll end it here."

she gingerly placed the flower bouquet on table. she stood up and the chair made a dragging sound, causing seokmin's head to shoot up at her.

"no, no, no... this can't be it..." seokmin pleaded to himself, wanting everything that was happening in front of him to be false.

"if we're destined, we'll meet again and get together naturally." yoona said calmly.

"goodbye, seokmin."

just like that, she left the cafe and tears of hurt silently made their way down her cheeks.

dear seokmin,
thank you for everything and...

i love you.

-
end