WELCOME TO LINUXEN ACADEMY

"Arin, get down here you're almost late!" I heard my mother yell from the kitchen. "I'll be right there!" I yelled back. Arrgh! I don't want to go there, I don't want to be a squire. Linuxen Academy. That place should be for stuck-up dicks who think they are better than everyone just cause they are gifted. I was already lost in thought when I heard my name again. "ARIN!!!" This time there was a lot more anger in her voice and you definitely do not want to get my mother angry, so I ran down the stairs as fast as I could. I moved so fast, I lost control of my feet and fell the rest of the way. I could feel my mother look at me with wonder and frustration. I was always known to be a clutz, but lately it's been like I was containing more energy than I could control making me even more of a clutz. This always seemed strange cause my father, although he was just a squire, top of his class he could just as easily keep up with the knights.
"Ooooh, whhyyy?" I groaned as soon as I hit the floor. "You haven't started your training yet and you are already getting hurt. Nice job." Ara, my best friend said, staring down at me from her seat at the table where she had breakfast. I liked Ara, she had hazelnut brown hair and green eyes. She had a really tiny frame but could not be messed with. Ara, unlike me was training to be a knight, which was strange, seeing as she could only harness the energy in every form of plant life. See, there are many with the power over plants but they mostly attended Plantaex Academy, where they were trained to use their gifts to help preserve the environment but Ara, wanted to use her gifts to fight and she was given a chance, because that's what Linuxen was known for. Everyone had an opportunity.
"Hey, Ara." I said and smiled nervously, trying to hide my embarrassment. "Hey. Are we leaving or what? I don't wanna be late, you know?"
"Yeah. Bye Mum!" "Bye honey!".

We got to the school and I could not believe my eyes. It was huge, better than huge, it was grand. The gates were made of imperial steel with intricate carvings of a battle between a knight and a demon. The entire school was infused with light magic directly supplied by Maia herself to keep demons and other forms of evil out and these were just at the school gates. The building itself, was beyond my imagination, all I could was stare in disbelief until I tripped over my own boots.
Damn it!!! Why do I always have to fall over. Rookie mistake, draw attention to myself on the first day.
I wanted the ground to swallow me at this point. The entire school was staring at me like I was some kind of freak. I got up, dusted myself off and simply marched straight to the auditorium. How did I know my way there? There were directions.
The auditorium was amazing, every single new student was in awe. It was unbelievable. I stared at the intricate designs of the pillars and those on the ceiling. The color of the paint on the walls just gave an eerie but relaxing vibe, I had never seen anything like it and just then, another boy about my height, spoke to me. "These halls were said to have been designed by Maia herself."
"Aaahhh!" I screamed, frightened to death by the spookiness of the person's voice.
"Sorry to have startled you, I'm Keenan. That happens sometimes. I harness sound and sometimes I just project my voice in very strange or awkward ways." "There's no problem." I said. "What or who do you think we are waiting for? I'm Arin, by the way." "Nice to meet you. The head master Vashawn. He's supposed to address us as new students. I heard he's really strict and does not mess around." Keenan paused to look around to see if anyone was listening and just then I pulled Ara into the conversation. "Ara, meet Keenan. Keenan, Ara." Ara just shook her head really nicely, she wasn't one to talk a lot and Keenan understood. "Nice to meet you too."
"Good morning student!" A shaky but rather strong voice said. It was the headmaster. The halls went dead silent the moment he began.
"Welcome, Linuxen Academy. The next four years will be the most difficult you have ever faced. There  will be challenges, there will be success, there will be failures. The academy was built by Maia herself to teach and train the gifted and the non-gifted  alike to be saviors and protectors of Wetheros. As you know, the gifted are trained as knights and the non-gifted will be trained as squires. Classes and training will begin tomorrow, today, for your orientation. Eight students, the finest that is, will be chosen from any year, each representing an energy group  harnessed to become guardians in training. As you know, this applies to knights alone, but they are each allowed to pick squires for assistance in the battlefield." At this, there was an uproar. The selection of the guardians in training was always an exciting activity.
"BE QUIET! I will have no form of insubordination. The knights in training, to my right and squires, to my left. Let the orientation begin. Once again, welcome to Linuxen Academy!" A smile was on the headmaster's face at the end of his speech. It didn't seem like he sailed a lot though. That was not my problem anyhow. I bid Ara and Keenan farewell. It was time to be separated, the school year had finally begun.