Chapter Two

Why do I cry so much?? I'm so overdramatic idk. All my friends hate me, my body is pissing me off, and I don't even know what the word sexuality means anymore. I'm just really upset and lonely and if someone could message me that'd be great. That's all.

Since I like to bury my feelings under writing and Melanie Martinez, here's a new chapter. I feel like I should mention I wrote this while listening to Crybaby and, quite coincidentally, crying. Enjoy though, I love you guys!

*******
Laurens' POV

"Please turn your music down," I mutter angrily, pressing the pillow down harder over my head.

"Sorry," Alexander grumbles, although he doesn't reach for his speaker. I sigh.  Sharing a dorm room with Alex is one of the most infuriating things in the world. Sure, when the year started, I thought this was going to be great. My gay ass was more than excited to get a cute new roommate. But then the noise started.

Alexander Hamilton is a very noisy person.

It's not even just the music. It's just the added noise of the clicking of his pen, constant keyboard clacking, and the unstoppable whir of the Keurig Laf gave us. I couldn't live in all this noise, and it had only been a month. One month and I was already pissed off and sleep deprived.

I sat up on my bed. "That's it," I said angrily, reaching for my shoes. "I'm going out. I'll be sleeping over at Herc's and Laf's, so don't bother waiting up."

Alec looked up from his computer, the bags under his eyes prominent. "Wait, why?" He asks, fingers hovering over the keyboard.

"Because I can't live in this noise anymore!" I admit, lacing up my shoes. "I need a drink."

"Wait," Alex stands up from his desk. "Take me with you, please. I'm going to go insane if I have to write one more sentence."

I raise a brow. "You? Insane? Insane is an understatement. Alex, you've been typing for a full day without a break, which is something you desperately need."

He sighs. "This paper has to be perfect."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever, Alex." I shove my wallet into my back pocket and pull open our door. "You serious about coming?" I ask, pausing.

Alex pulls on his shoes. "You said it yourself," he says, smiling up at me. "I need a break."

Together we head up to Laf and Herc's room. It's a Friday night, and the dorm is basically deserted. Everyone in their right mind is out getting a drink or spending time with their friends. Laf and Herc, however, were in the midst of a chic flick fest.

"Are you kidding me?" I said, exasperated, when Laf opened the door holding a tub of ice cream in one hand, a serving spoon in the other, with his mascara running down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry!" He said, waving the spoon around. "I thought I was moving past this part of my life!"

"You also said you were moving past make up," I noted.

Laf sniffled. "It makes me look pretty," He whispered, shoveling some more Rocky Road into his mouth.

Alex laughed and pushed past me. "What are we watching?" He asked, plopping down next to Herc on his bed, staring at the laptop propped up in front of them.

"Legally Blonde." Herc answered, not taking his eyes off the screen. Herc spooned out some of his Caramel Crunch Swirl and held it out to Alex, who promptly shoved it in his mouth.

"Absolutely not," I objected, stomping into the dorm room, letting the door slam behind me. "I'm in the mood to get completely shitfaced, not watch Elle Woods slay her way through Harvard."