Second Chances (Sydney and Death)

Hey guys, I was inspired to write this one by this writing prompt I found while on Pinterest.

So I thought it would be interesting, and it was a lot of fun to write. So please, don't forget to comment if you like it, and vote. And if you ever want to suggestion a topic that you would like to be seen written, please either comment below or message me. At the same time, please keep in mind that these are not Imagines.

Alrighty then, again I hope you all enjoy this!

She stood in the middle of a road, her face pulled into a frown. Turning in circles, a sharp rock poked the bottom of her foot. The sun was hiding behind the clouds, a grey mist confining her sight. For the first time since arriving at the road she looked down, realizing that she was still wearing the clothes club clothes. A black mini skirt and a white tube top, but she was missing her shoes. She gave an indifferent shrug; she didn't care as they weren't hers anyway.

He let out a sigh, suddenly appearing. It was as if he had been a part of the mist, only now revealing himself to her. He had been at the club the entire time watching her, just like he had been watching her for years, and just like how he will be in the future. And at this moment, he was the reason that she was at this abandoned cross roads.

"You aren't freaking out," he noted. Clasping his hands behind his back, he took a couple steps forward.

Facing him, she raised an eyebrow at him. "Should I?" Her voice was soft, a contrast to her forward outfit.

He considered her question. "You can choose however you wish to react to this."

The corner of her lips twitched as she waved her hand, gesturing to their surroundings. "So, who are you? Death?"

This time he smiled and she gasped. There was something suggestive but yet oddly animalistic of his smile and it intrigued her. "Sometimes," he told her. "But not today."

Taking a step towards him, she wrapped her arms around her stomach, the gravel biting at her feet. "You're not going to tell me your name?"

"It's best you don't find out," he said vaguely.

"Fine," she said, inspecting her chipped black painted nails. "I won't tell you mine then."

He raised an eyebrow, amused with her. "I know a lot more than you think Sydney." He watched her eyes widen the slightest, bit she didn't react as greatly as the others did. "It's time we talk about why you're here."

Sydney nodded, her bleached hair falling out of the braid she had painstakingly worked on the night before. Her fingers nervously tapped her shirt.

"You're going to die in a few hours, five if I'm correct."

He watched her fingers still, her blue eyes lowering to her bare feet. He tilted his head. Where were the tears? The screaming demands of what was going on, the begging of whether or not this was just another twisted nightmare. Why was she not reacting to what he was telling her? He found Sydney just as fascinating as Sydney found him.