Accident

Caffeine needed immediately. Get caffeine. Get energy. Must obtain now. I trudged into Starbuck's and snagged a spot in line. Coffee, espresso, cold brew-- anything, I desperately needed a jolt. It's not like I was up insanely late night. I had only stayed up until three o'clock in the morning and my class was at ten. However, I still needed my morning cup of coffee. Forgive me for being a college student.

"Hey Cam!" Christine the Barista greeted me and waved me forward so I could grab my usual. Clearly, I was a regular here.

"Morning, Christine, thank you!" I handed Christine a $5 bill as I took a sip of the very thing that ensures that I'm not arrested for murder. Hi Group, my name's Camryn and I have a debilitating caffeine addiction. It's been one second since my last sip.

I turned on my heels to leave and ran into something or rather someone. I didn't really process what had just happened. All I could focus on was the hot coffee on all over the other person's clothes and the two spilled cups on the floor. I had managed to only have coffee dripping from my hands but the body had now wet jeans and a coffee-ridden, white v-neck shirt. Let's not even mention the cute stain I had caused on the front of the, of course formerly spotless, Converse.

I let out a sigh, completely distraught over the mess and scene I had just caused with only fifteen minutes to get to class!

"Are you Ok? I'm so sorry! That was all my fault-- I was looking at my phone," the deep voice ranted. "Here, let me buy you a new coffee. It's the least I can do."

I ran my hands through my bangs wildly and proceeded to grab a bunch of napkins to put down on the floor. I thought I heard a 'Don't worry about it, Cam' from behind the counter but honestly, I just wanted to erase all evidence that I was even here this morning so I just squatted down and attempted to wipe away the mess I made.

The Coffee Monster, courtesy of yours truly, returned with two coffees in hand and offered one over to me.

"Thank you," I finally spoke up. "I am so sorry and you are covered in coffee." I said looking at and motioning towards his outfit. "Do you want to just send me a dry cleaning bill or something? I feel so awful." 

"No, no, it's totally fine," the voice reached out to compassionate hand on my arm and give me a reassuring squeeze and an award-winning smile. It was this action that caused me to look up and register who was standing in front of me.

It was Barry Allen. It was The Flash. It was Sebastian Smythe. It was Grant Gustin. I literally was standing in front of and talking to Grant Gustin... Oh crap, I literally just spilled scalding hot coffee on Grant Gustin! What if I burned him? What if he has marks and welts on his chest and abs? Should I ask him to lift his shirt so I can check? Dude. Cam, be normal. Granted that's asking a lot-- just be not how you can be.

"Here, just take my number," I rushed out in one breath while Grant just gave me a perplexed look with an eyebrow raised. Camryn, be chill not thirsty. "Your shirt is white and that stain may not come out." I added quickly.

Grant chuckled to himself softly. "It's just jeans and a shirt. I can go and change and no harm, no foul. It's no big deal."

"Look, I feel bad and I'm going to be thinking about how humiliating this is all day," I said as I started reaching into my bag and pulling out a pen. "So, if you need a new shirt or that one needs to be dry cleaned, just text me and send me the bill."

I saw Grant open his mouth to refuse yet again so to beat him to it, I added with  smirk of my own, "And if you don't, that's fine."

"I don't have paper," Grant offered with a smirk of his own.

"Hand? Arm?"

He reached out the arm that wasn't holding his coffee to me and, in my best penmanship, I wrote my phone number with my name underneath. "Perfect, sorry again."

I took my new cup of coffee and headed out of the coffee shop. I began my walk back towards campus so I could get back to class with six minutes before I would be tardy.

"Cam!" I heard someone call out behind me and I quickly turned around to find Grant yelling from down the sidewalk. "What if I don't need a new shirt?"

I gave an over-exaggerated shrug, a wide smile, and called back, "Then text me anyway!" 

Grant smiled widely back and we held each other's gaze for a moment until we both looked away with bashful laughs.

"So I guess I'll talk to you later?" Grant called out and brought his hand up to the back of neck.

"Yeah," I answered with my own shy smile. I literally never do things like this, guys.  "Yeah, you will."

I ended up making it to my Politics class with two minutes to spare but don't ask me what I was supposed to have learned that day.