Chapter 4- Spill It

Chapter 4- Spill It

MC
--------

My mom was staring at me like someone just attempted to rob her. Her face said shock, but her eyes expressed something like anger.

She walked up to my uncle. "Thanks for bringing him home Mike. Kenny, go ice and clean up your face."

He did as she said and Mike went after him. My mom turned to me, shaking her head slowly. "Go to my room."

I didn't hesitate and just headed up to my parents bedroom. A few minutes later, they came in. She got some alcohol and a rag to clean up my face then she put Vaseline over the scabs. After she was done, she sat down on the ground against the wall.

"Who did this to you?" She looked down.

I shrugged without saying a word.

My dad nudged my shoulder. "Answer your mom boy. We're trying to help you. If you don't want our help then let us know."

My mom looked up at me and I felt a huge lump in my throat. I couldn't speak and felt like I was going to choke any second until she looked down again.

"Quayon, I know you're not dumb. I know you saw the niggas who did that to you. Why'd they do it?"

I contemplated for a few minutes in the quiet room about telling my mom, but I eventually did.

I gulped "I owe someone some money."

She looked up at me then glanced at my dad.

He looked at me and I looked at them then back at him.

He folded his arms as he stood akimbo next to me. "Like twenty dollars? Or fifty or a hundred?" He smiled. "Did you lose a bet?"

I shook my head. "No. Its actually two thousand dollars that I owe him and some... supply." I faked coughed as I said supply to cover it up.

My mom stood up looking at me as if I were dumb. "Boy, you better be talking about some got damn school supplies."

I looked at her, but couldn't find the words to say. The fear was eating me alive inside and I could just tell this wasn't going to end well.

She chuckled whilst shaking her head. "Are you selling drugs? You bet not be selling drugs." Silence filled the room for a minute as she stood up. "You better not be selling drugs!"

I stayed silent. My dad smacked me n the back of the head. "Answer your mama little boy."

I still didn't respond. I just rubbed the back of my head.

"Why you out there doing that? We give you everything you want, need and more. If you need anything, we give it to you. Why would you do that!?" She leaned against the wall.

"I'm sorry." I sighed as I look down at my hands. "Sometimes I get in trouble and y'all don't like to give me things when I'm in trouble, so I had to make moves."

My mom mocked me while she moved around the room. "Make moves then die? Where's the money you been getting? Everything in your room, in your closet, I bought it for you. At the end of the day you should have still asked us and told me. Why didn't you tell me?" She pointed at herself.

My eyes became wide as I looked away from her. I muffled my lips as I turned away from her stare.

"I wouldn't tell you that if I was doing it" my dad scoffs as he walks towards my mom.

"Okay fine" I heard her footsteps coming towards me. "Who do you owe money?" She took a seat next to me.

I looked up at her. "His name is Trell."