First Day of School

Chandler's POV

I woke up with a groan. It is my first day of tenth grade while it was my brother, Grayson's first day of seventh grade with me being fifteen and him being thirteen.

Summer was over and it was time for hell, uh, I mean school to start.

"Chandler wake up!" Grayson yelled barging into my bedroom.

"I'm awake, Gray." I groaned sitting up to see him fully dressed while I was still in my boxers.

"Well you better hurry. I'm already ready for school." He bragged walking downstairs to eat breakfast with his backpack on and holding his lunch box in his hand. I rolled my eyes as I got dressed.

"Good morning, Chandler." Smiled my mom.

"Morning, mom." I yawned pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

"Are you ready for school?" My mom asked.

"I'm ready to go back to bed." I answered.

"Uh... Chandler? What time does your school start?" Grayson suddenly asked.

"Seven fifteen. Why?" I shrugged taking a bite out of my pancake.

"It's already seven o five." My mom informed.

"Fuck!" I yelled sprinting out the door, pancake in hand.

"Language!" Gina scolded as her son ran out the door.

"Gotta go fast!" Grayson laughed. His mother gave him a slight glare.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready too?" She asked raisin an eyebrow.

"I'm still in middle school. It doesn't start until seven thirty, and I already have my backpack and everything ready." Grayson smirked taking a bite out of his waffle.

***

I ran into the school building. Luckily for me, school was a five to ten minute walk, yet I was sprinting not wanting to be late on the first day. The halls were filled with people as I tried to make my way through them, pushing people out of the way.

I did end up bumping into someone making the two of us land on the floor.

"Shit, shit, shit." I mentally cursed at myself as I picked up my notebooks and pencils.
"Look where you're going!" I yelled picking myself up and looking down to the girl that bumped into me. She was still on the floor looking at me, scared and confused.
"What? You're not even going to apologize?" I asked. She didn't say anything. What am I doing? I'm already late. I'm just wasting even more time talking to this random girl.
"Just watch where you're going next time, alright?" I scoffed running off.

"Dude you're five minutes late." Informed my friend Sam.

"Well for starters, I overslept." I began.

"That's what happens when you stay up all night playing League of Legends." He snickered. I rolled my eyes in response.

"Secondly, some idiot bumped into me in the hallway." I scoffed.

"Good way to start the first day." Sam chuckled.

"I know, right? Where's the teacher?" I asked looking around the classroom to see students socializing. I checked my phone and it was seven twenty.

"Teacher's late too." He replied.

"Chandler!" I hear someone squeal. I was then embraced into a tight hug.

"It's nice to see you too, Xavier." I groaned trying to breathe. Don't get me wrong, he gives amazing hugs but he can sometimes be a bit rough. Sam tapped his shoulder.