Our secrects

Alex pov
I spent the whole day basically praying not to bump into Josh in the halls . The last bell rung and I almost ran down the hallway and through the doors . I took in the fresh cold air and began the journey to my parking spot in the lot . I froze at the sight of Josh leaning on my Volkswagen . I shook my head and begin to unlock my car and get it .
" We need to talk ." He said getting in the car as well .
" No we actually don't . Please get out ." I sighed turning on the heat .
He shook his head and slammed his hand down on the dashboard . " I'm sorry I fucked up . I'm sorry I didn't mean to ." He quickly got out and ran off just as the busses left . I shook my head and slowly cruised up to him . " Need a ride ?" I asked not looking his way . " I've got my skate board ." He said putting his book bag on the floor with his skate board sticking out . " you're going to ride your skateboard home ? Okay " I shrugged . Someone behind me honked so I honked right back . I looked over at him and he tugged his sweater closer to his body . " Get in ." I rolled my eyes as he stepped in defeated from the cold . The drive was quiet and I felt so nervous I kept trembling even though the car was perfectly warm . I pulled up into the drive way and cursed when I saw Tyler's Honda outside . He stood on the porch with a smile on his face and a long dark green coat that reached his knees . Josh stepped out and I thought about driving away . That would make him suspicious . I stepped out of the car and walked up to hug Tyler . " hey , you guys carpool . I'm jealous ." He joked squeezing me and kissing the top of my head . I faked a laugh and stepped back . " Nah I just missed my bus today and she came to the rescue . She's all yours ." Josh emphasized the last sentence as he jiggled his keys in the door . Tyler followed him in . Josh stood at the door frame looking down at his feet . " Alex? Aren't these you shoes ? " I froze as Tyler stepped in front of Josh with my converse in his hands . The white converse I had left behind . I shook my head and started walking to my car . " No I don't think so but I have to go , um clean my mom. I mean I have to help my mom . Clean ? " I stuttered unlocking my car door . " No these are definitely yours I know that because my writing is on it ." I thought back to the day in the park when Tyler and I sat in the grass and he pulled out a pen to write down part of a song he had thought of for me . I gulped and looked back up at him . He was now looking at Josh with furrowed eyebrows . " Why are your shoes here ? " he asked again not looking away from Josh's shameful face . Gosh couldn't he fake a smile right now when I needed it most . I scurried up to him . " oh yea , those are mine . I left them in Josh's locker the other day ." I said trying to reach out for them . He pulled them close to him . " His locker ? Why? "
He asked now looking at me now . He looked at me in a way that made me feel as if I took one wrong step I would blow up in this mine field . " I had gym and so I had to change and I left my stuff in his locker and yeah .. Can I have them back ? I have to go . " he laughed for a while and I was beginning to wonder why he found my excuse so funny . Josh simply shook his head and walked into his house . Where was he going ? This was all his fault . " where are you going Josh ? " Tyler sang still laughing . I tried to reach for my shoes again and he pulled back again following Josh into the house . I stood there for a few minutes and then decided I should probably follow too . Josh was in the living room on the couch staring blankly at the tv which wasn't on . Tyler stood in front of him as if he were about to scold him like a small child . " why are her shoes here ?" Tyler asked Josh now . " I already told you ." I almost shouted feeling anxious . Would they fight ? What did I just do ? I should have let Josh skate home . Tyler snapped his glare towards me . " Josh doesn't use a locker .. So I know that's not what happened . " I winced at his harsh tone. " why wouldn't he use his locker ? Well that explained his huge heavy back pack . I began to take a few steps back slowly as Tyler's face got redder . Stop being a chicken . I stepped forward putting my hand on Tyler's arm . " I came over for some help with school work ." It almost sounded like a question . He pulled his arm away and threw my shoes down on the couch . " Explain Josh ." He shouted . Josh looked like a small helpless child . Helpless is what he was , why couldn't he just back me up . Instead his picked at his sweater sleeves and stared at his boots . I grabbed my shoes and headed out as quick as I could . I could hear Tyler's voice gradually getting louder in the house as I got in my car and drove off . What had I done ? Now Tyler would hate me and think I did something wrong with Josh . Didn't I ? I shook my head at the thought . I had not only lost the guy I liked but also a possible friend .