c h a p t e r 9

So I just really wanted to post ahead of time! I can't keep y'all waiting.

Special dedication to AshleyClarke0 :) Thank you and enjoy!

Sorry also, for I like shorter chapters. It just makes it easier for me.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next day at work was hectic. She got three more bouquets of flowers, each with a cheesy love poem from Ron. He knows how much she loves corny things.

Draco had made his regular stops, visiting actually more and more. Later that day, they were in the middle of talking about the storm in London when suddenly he asked, "Hermione, will you join me for dinner tonight?" He grabbed her hand for emphasis, proving an unknown point. "Sort of a celebration for all we've done."

She immediately said, "Yes of course,"  and he raised an eyebrow at her, as if teasing her. She suddenly felt defensive, and so claimed, "What? I'm starving!" And he only laughed.

"Alright, I'll meet you at The Stars, then, at eight sharp," she gasped as he had said this. "What? He asked, suddenly as defensive as she was before.

"We can't go there! That place is not only crazy expensive, but it just so..." But she drew that last part out. She was going to say romantic, but he would have judged and just teased her.

"Well it's alright, Hermione, I'll pay of course, my treat. Just make sure you look great for me," and with that he left with a wink that made her heart flutter. But wait! This wasn't a date. Before she could stop him, Draco was gone and Hermione had to get home to get ready for her dinner, which wasn't a date, right?

At 7:50, she apparated to the restaurant, which was close to the Ministry. She expected to be there before Draco, but instead, he was sitting there waiting for her. As if fate was playing a joke on her, he looked breathtaking. He had a simple silver button down shirt, black slacks, and his hair was in a messy style, which she decided made him look more attractive than how he usually wore it, slicked back, at work.

She on the other hand, was wearing an emerald dress decked with silver beads through the back and the bodice. The dress was a gift from her parents, along with some jewelry and a beautiful ring that had once  been her great grandmothers. They had the dress made just for her, to celebrate her graduation, and the muggle seamstress thought that the deep emerald looked the best on her. But this was the only thing she had that was nice enough to wear to such a fancy place.

As he saw her he seemed to have lost his voice, and after multiple attempts at speaking he finally said, "Granger," with an awkward half bow.

"Is it possible that you are actually speechless Malfoy? Because of me?" She asked, teasing, yet she truly meant it. She wanted him to stare at her, to give her that attention he gives other girls.

"Stop calling me Malfoy, Hermione. I said I won't answer to that," he said easily as he came over to drape her arm on his, all the while staring at her.

"Oh Draco! You are such a gentleman," she started in a high voice, mocking his ideals, "how will I ever repay you?" She fanned her face and stared into his light eyes. She fluttered her eye lashes, making a joke of it all, until Draco didn't even laugh, which was odd.

Instead, he muttered under his breath, hearing the words "Malfoy" and "Dreams." Thinking about what he possibly could have meant, as they made their way to the table that Draco had oh-so conveniently reserved for them.

Hermione didn't know what to say. Was it okay to talk about work on a date? Wait, this was a celebration, not a date. What was she thinking?

"So Draco..." She started, not knowing what to talk about.

Luckily for her he picked right up, leading their conversations through a multiplicity of topics. They talked even after they had finished their food. Over two hours they stayed, enjoying the time they had together.