Chapter 39

Warning: this chapter has subjects like depression featured in it.
__________________________
I was on some random gravel path I have never seen before, I don't know how I got here, it sure is pretty. I decide to turn around and by the time I'm on the actual road again I'm almost out of gas, I stop and fill the tank and continue on.
I was driving I was almost to the sidemen house and there was an over pass for cars just infont of me, there were police cars and an ambulance, there was a guy wearing a black hat and a black sweater along with black pants who didn't seem to be any older than 25, his shape seemed farmiliar and I just couldn't think, he was on the ledge on the outer part of the bridge facing away from the bridge but holding on to the railing, I couldn't believe it, I was witnessing something like this.
Police were blocking the road so everyone in the two lanes beside me heading the same way no one was allowed to go any further.
A police officer was talking to the guy trying to get him to not jump, I couldn't exactly hear since they were high up, but it was just infront of me

The police officer asked the guys name, trying to calm him down and everything.
" my, my name, my name is Simon" he shouted aggressively as he removed his hat, my heart dropped, I felt like it was sinking to my feet, I couldn't move, warm tears rolled down from my eyes, I was in shock.
I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of my car as fast as I could, and I ran closer.

" Simon!" I screamed crying trying to get through the police.
He looked towards me and he was in shock.
" Get away, you'll intimidate him!" a police officer said as she held me back
" look Simon, I know we fought and I'm sorry, I knew you were drunk and it wasn't the real you, the real you is loving and caring and the best person in the world! I don't know what I would do without you I-"
" seriously you need to get back in your car" the police officer cut me off
" I need you Simon, over 3 million people support you and love you for yourself! Do you know how many people you inspire?! So many it's unreal, I don't want to live in a world where you aren't here and I know deep down you will get past this and you won't do it. So please Simon just listen to the man and please just come home safely!" I was screaming so loud with so much power I was losing my voice, the police officer was still holding me back, Simon was crying and he was looking right at me.

He looked down below him and then he climbed back over the ledge onto the overpass safely, the officer who had been up there guided him back down the car ramp to the main road and brought him to one of the cars, he started talking to Simon as Simon was crying and tapping his left foot repeatedly. Their conversation was quiet so I couldn't hear, the officer who had been with Simon walked over to me and asked me a few questions and then asked me to go and talk to Simon.

Simon's back was to me so when the police officer got him he turned and saw me and he ran to me and hugged me as tight as he possibly could as I did the same.

I knew the process Simon had to go through so I didn't want to ask him any questions until I know he'll be okay again, there was no talking only embracing eachother, enjoying the presence of one another because without eachother I don't know what would have happened.

I knew he had to go with the police to get things all figured out and go to the hospital and everything I had one last minute with him before he had to go. The only thing we could do was just hold on to eachother a little longer.

"I love you" I hear Simon say, I look at him and his tearing eyes, his words were sincere and true.

" I love you too" I didn't know before but now I do, it's honestly the truth and how I felt saying it was unexplainable.

" I'm sorry, but we have to get Mr. Minter to the police station" a police officer had told me

"Don't worry I'll be waiting there for you when you're better, I promise" I say reassuring him

" thank you" Simon says as the officer takes him into the ambulance and they headed to the hospital.

The officer who had held me back had came and talked to me, telling me the circumstances of what was going to happen and how the situation was going to be, she told me everything would be okay, I hope she was right. __________________
A/N: okay I'm really sorry for anyone if this is a touchy subject, I know that's not how things would exactly go in a situation like this.

Don't forget to comment I really like hearing your feedback and I don't really get a lot so yeah I just want to hear your opinions no matter how you feel I'll understand.
-Lily✨