Robbery!

We were all sitting down, listening to Savage blather on about technique and equipment when Bogo barges in. I've never been happier to see him.

Don't get me wrong, Savage has my respect, but is it really essential that we listen to a hour long lecture on scope adjustment?

"Armed bank robbery on 42nd avenue. I want everyone out there. Including you, Savage. We'll need every man."

Savage nods. "Of course, Chief. I wouldn't dream of staying away. I'd like to see how your officers perform under pressure." He says this with a pointed look us as we're all sprinting to the door.
Our two superiors may have time to sit around and chat, but there's a bank being robbed! And we perform just well, thank you.

We're all already wearing our uniforms and belt, standard procedure when at the fire range, so we all throw on some Kevlar and grab some odds and ends.

"Keys!" I shout to Judy, holding up a hand. She tosses them to me, barely glancing in my direction. Jogging outside, I hop into the patrol car, start it, and wait a couple of seconds for Judy. She gets in, and we're off. Bogo had told us about the robbery approximately two minutes, thirty seconds ago. We're doing pretty good. The second team of officers to respond.

__________________________________

I brace myself against the seat and door as Nick makes a risky turn. "Nick! You're going to get us killed! BEFORE we even get to the bank!"

He flicks his green eyes over to me, then back to the road, quickly.
"Of course I won't, Carrots. Besides, don't talk like you haven't nearly killed us a million times while driving this thing." He winks at me without turning his head or looking in my direction.

"We're here." He pulls up to a large brick building. Officers Grizzoli and Fangmeyer are already out of their car, guns pointed at the entrance.

We burst from the car and jog over to the pair. "What's up? Does he have hostages?" Nick whispers loudly.

"A few. The teller, and two civvies, as far as we could tell before he shot out the cameras."

I jump in. "Do we know who he is?"

"Jim McWright. A twenty nine year old lynx. He is married, has two little girls at home, and a sixty year sentence at Zootopia prison."

Nick stares at the bank, fingering his holster. "Sounds like an interesting guy."