Chapter One:The First Patrol

Chapter 1:The First Patrol

I sighed as I looked at my clock. 11:30 was lit up on the surface. Seth came home around 3:20, and grabbed a snack and then went to play video games. Mom came home from work at 4:23 on the dot. She tried to talk to me about Sam and Emily(I still couldn't believe she was on their side!), but I managed to dodge her every time she started to mention it. Dad came home at 5:00, he didn't seem to agree with them as much as Mom, but he didn't full out call it betrayal like I did. Anyways, we had macaroni and cheese for dinner. It was usually my favorite, but not tonight, it brought back to many memories of me and Sam. I gulped it down as quickly as I could without it being to noticeable. Then I went up to my room trying to decide if I should go. I looked at the clock again 11:45. Maybe, this slaying thing can help me get over Sam? Even if it was still a question I knew what I was going to do.

I showed up at Ancestors' Cemetery at 12 o'clock not a moment before. I looked around for Merrick. I found him standing there in front of a grave, holding a stake?

"Anna will rise soon,"he said. I read the name on the gravestone, Anna Herring written on thetombstoneHe gave me a stake.

"The Slayer slays, The Watcher-"

"watches,"I cut him off. He shot me an annoyed look. I smirked at him, making him give an exasperated sigh.

"teaches," he corrected me. I rolled my eyes.

"Good to see you changed." I nodded. I had changed into a white t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and brown boots. Suddenly, a pale hand shot out of the ground. I shot Merrick a frantic look. He held up one finger, a sign for me to wait. I shot an annoyed look at him. Let him get attacked by a vampire, and let's see how he feels then! The new-born vampire climbed out of the grave.

"Instinct," was the only thing Merrick told me before the fledging attacked me. I dodged the sluggish punch, and I threw a roundhouse kick to her head. I quickly staked her as Merrick's advice swirled around my head. "Instinct". I saw her turn to dust.

I sunk to the ground. Merrick quickly hurried over to me.

"Oh my god," I muttered."I killed someone." I repeated it over and over again not wanting to believe it.

"Actually, you didn't." I glared at him.

"That's not helping!" I growled waving my tan arms. He sat down on the ground next to me. He explained that they looked human, but they weren't. The demon took control over your body, and well, you became a vampire. I nodded feeling better. I stood up on shaky legs.

"Well, to be fair that was sorta fun." I said. Merrick laughed, looking years younger. We continued through the cemetery finishing up my first patrol. We both didn't have any idea what would happen in a year's short worth of time. It seemed that the darkened night kept in secret that we were here. It almost seemed it kept us safe. I was beginning to like the dark.

When I got home, I grabbed one of my the spare notebooks I never used. I recored the events of what had happened. I was going to keep this journal/diary incase another slayer ever needs some advice. At the end of the entry I put the names of the vampires that I had staked that night. I would even mark randoms.

Anne Herring, Jesse Chan, Steve Harlow, and Phoebe O'Niles