Project Lucy

Albie Vixen was a very intelligent, rich, and well-known scientist who invented the most bizarre things. The man lived in a small town called Crimson Peak, where he owned his vast stone castle. He spent his days locked in his laboratory which was located in the castle's dungeon.

Although the man's head was always filled with genius ideas, his satisfaction soon died of ennui from inventing useful machines and potions that cured all kinds of illnesses. The scientist wanted to create something challenging, something greater. He was well known for his grand success, but one day, he went mad.

For the first time in forever, the man left his castle to search for welcoming ideas. The man walked far, observing every detail of the small Crimson Peak. The scientist even went to a small park located on the southern side of town, where many kind people lived. The man sat on a wooden bench, observing little children feeding ducks at their parents' side. "This," he thought deeply. "This is a start."

Night time was coming soon, so the mad man left the park and went home. As he lay in his bed, surrounded by darkness, he swam in the deep ocean that contained all of his ponderings. "My step sister is a surgeon." He said to himself. "She knows all about . . ." The man drifted into a deep sleep.

The next day, the scientist went down into his lab. A strong smell of boiling chemicals filled the air. While the chemicals cooked, the man paced around the enormous dungeon. He glanced at an old wooden door that had been locked for years.

The scientist reached into his pocket pulling out a set of keys attached onto a silver split ring. He took ahold of the thickest, blackest key, clutching it tightly in his fist as he sauntered towards the obscure-looking door.

I never thought I would have to open this ever again, the man contemplated silently. He inserted the key, pushing the door with a good amount of force. The door creaked awfully loud as the scientist swung it open. The room reeked of mold and abandoned cobwebs which smelled almost like wine fermenting.

"Christ," the scientist swore under his breath. He swatted away the sticky webs, slowly entering the large hallway which led to ten prisoner cells. The man studied the filthy chambers carefully. A wave of sorrow bloomed inside his chest. This reminded him of endeavoring towards the 3Dog experiment he had failed to achieve years ago. My poor, poor Xenovia.

He had watched the rottweiler die several days after his psychotic experiment. The scientist had three dogs joint rear to mouth. They had died sometime after the operation, although the man had still managed to get photographs to keep 'memories' of his work. After their deaths, he buried them in the garden with a gravestone.

The young man blinked, dragging himself out of his abrupt reverie, grinning like a lunatic. Yes, yes, yes, he chanted internally. This world does not need a 3Dog centipede, he thought sickly. This world needs a new humanity.

That afternoon, the young man visited the south park once again, only to find it empty. He looked around, slightly confused until his eyes landed on a crumbled yellow flyer that sat on the familiar wooden bench. He stalked towards the bench, picking up the paper.

"What's this? A carnival?" He sighed, closing his eyes briefly. "I do not have time for such ridiculous festivities." He was about to toss the flyer aside, but suddenly he heard a hushed voice inside of his head: where there are festivals, there are families . . . and children.

That was just what he needed. An innocent, pure child; and a lie good enough to make bait. The man began to walk towards the carnival. Soon enough, the screeches of excitement could be heard. The man stopped in front of the ticket booth, pulling out his wallet. "One ticket, please." he muttered.