I'm strutting rapidly towards the next base to capture when I hear the sound of a ZPG and a type of Peashooter shrieking.

Oh dear sprouts. I think worriedly in my head. I spot the Foot Soldier who shot the ZPG and shoot him with my Spore Mist angrily, and he let's out a growl and falls off of the tube, and head over to the sound where the Peashooter shrieked.

I let out a gasp, my sparkling purple spores bursting out of my petals.

Fire Pea is on the ground, his eyes closed, both of his pods bent at terrible angles. His central stem has a large dent in it, like it's bent out of shape, and his bottom leaves are all crooked at odd angles.

Despair claws at my central stem, as I close my eyes, praying that a B sign would appear in the air so that I could revive him, but it doesn't appear.

Slowly and as gently as possible, I pick him up, and head back to our home area, praying to the Mega Flower that he would be alright.

Fire Flower

"Yes....this is the one."

I grunt as Zomboss pokes my central stem, and I feel weak. All I want to see right now are the beautiful trees that line the backyard, the golden sunshine and the marvellous rainbow that appears on top of our heads. I want home. Home sweet soil.

Seeds. What if...what if I never see home again? What if...I hold back my nectears. What if I never see Fire Pea again?

I can't attack. I'm too weak. My abilities weaken me even more, and I can't even summon a Heal Flower to heal me.

My roots feel stiff and cold at the thought of never seeing home again. Of never seeing anyplant again.

My central stem stiffens.

"We can release this weed soon. It seems that MY plan is working perfectly! Only the true genius ideas of Dr Zomboss will help us win this war." He cackles, and I wince in disgust as I spot a Park Ranger drooling and I try my best not to seem scared as Zomboss pokes me again...HARD.

"Zombies are WINNERS." Zomboss growls, his eyes showing nothing but desire and evil. "Now say it with me!"

All of the zombies look stupidly at each other, and Zomboss sighs.

"Seriously?" He booms dramatically.

"RARGH!" A Foot Soldier yells out.

Zomboss rolls his eyes. "Now. Release that...that...that feeble stem!" He dramatically points at me and I feel my petals droop. I let out a little groan. "I have what I need."

The zombies all look at each other, exchanging looks of  "I'm not doing it...Brainz!"

"Hurry up will you? I have worlds to destroy, minds to manipulate, and zombies to boss around." Zomboss snaps, his face scrunching up.

A Super Brainz grabs me and yanks me by my petals. I let out a shriek and Zomboss seems to enjoy it.

"Hurry up! This genius has somewhere else to be!" He says importantly.

Super Brainz yanks on my petals as he drags me outside of Zomboss Mansion, and tosses me into the dirt with growing pumpkins. Then he leaves.

I grunt, struggling to rise up my roots as I stare, determined to get back to our side of the Battleground. I slowly strut forward, and I look at my flowery hands and my eyes widen slightly.

They aren't on fire. They are only slightly glowing, and I can feel my petals, that are dry and weak, droop. I keep on strutting, spotting the rainbow in the distance.