"Are you alright?" Sasha called over to Y/N as she continued to maneuver herself forward with the rest of the group.

Y/N felt herself smile again. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Y/N L/N, average in the classroom, but exceptional with hands-on training. She almost reminds me of...

"Alright, Y/N," Furlan stood over the short girl, already in a fighting stance, which prompted her to follow suit. Her messy short hair was pushed back into a crude updo done by the tall man. "Keep your fists up, protect your face," he instructed.

Y/N looked down at her fists to find them in front of her neck and chest rather than her face. She raised them quickly.

"Good, now-"

"Furlan, Y/N, guess what I just got?"

The two looked over to see Isabel running toward them with a bundle of something in her arms. Y/N glanced at the tall blond, who was too busy watching Isabel, and left to meet her halfway.

Furlan noticed as she moved out of the corner of his eye. He immediately turned to her. "Y/N-" He let out a deep sigh and simply let it happen. With comfortable strides, he followed after the young girl to meet with Isabel.

"What did you get?" Y/N asked, a wide, toothy grin plastered onto her face.

"Look!" Isabel held out her arms to show a small pile of fresh fruits in surprisingly nice condition. Not the brown, bruised ones that they usually got their hands on in the Underground.

Y/N's eyes widened, her mouth opening into an 'O,' which started to water at the sight. At her side, Furlan sighed and pulled Y/N away from Isabel before picking her up to simply hold her against his hip.

"How did you get those?" He asked, looking down at Isabel. He was almost disappointed in her, but had a hard time showing it. Especially since every few seconds, he would have to push Y/N's outstretched arm down to avoid grabbing some of the fruit from Isabel.

Isabel let out a nervous chuckle. "About that..."

"There she is!" A man shouted, from not too far off. To the side of the open space the group was in, in front of the house, was a way leading to the main road, which was now blocked off by a group of three angry looking men. Their burly bodies blocked off the whole width of the passage.

It didn't take long for the men to rush at the three. Their eyes widened, fear exposing itself from each of their minds.

"You wouldn't hurt a kid!" Furlan tried, his grip on Y/N growing tighter as her arms wrapped around his neck.

"We know who's kid that is. We hate them." The leading man spat, his bushy eyebrows furrowing downwards. His lips curved downwards as he continued towards them. "Ruined some good business."

Y/N frowned. Were they speaking of her parents? They were good people. They did not deserve to be talked about like that.

"Just give us back our merchandise and we'll leave," the leading man explained, showing the palms of his hands out as a sign of peace.

Isabel turned to glance at Furlan, who was nodding, and Y/N, who shook her head.

"Isabel, just give them ba-"

"People like you don't keep their promises," Y/N spoke up, much to Furlan's dismay. "That's what my mommy and daddy said all the time!" A large, angry frown formed on her lips as she stared down the men in front of the trio.