Twenty Three

I searched through my clothes, looking for a dress appropriate for tonight's party. What do you wear to these sort of things?

I decided on a casual black dress, that was laced in the back. The dress came down about mid thigh, and flared out at the bottom.

Do I wear heals for this sort of thing? I never wear heals though. I guess this would be a good occasion for them.

I slipped on the black stilettoes, making me about five inches taller. After curling my hair and applying my makeup, Luke walked in.

"What is taking you so long? I've been waiting for-" he stopped mid sentence, looking at me. "What are you all dressed up for?"

"I'm going to a dinner party," I left it at that, not wanting Luke to press on. That would end badly.

"With who?" He leaned against the door frame.

"Just someone, shouldn't matter to you," I shrugged, pushing by him and into the room. I grabbed my phone texting Dylan the address of the hotel.

"Well it does matter to me, so tell me," he walked into.the room, hot on my trail.

"Just someone, God Luke." I rolled my eyes.

Dylan: alright see ya soon!

"Why are you wearing heals? You never wear them, ever," he continued to question me.

"Please, just stop. I don't need you hovering over me like I'm some child. I'm a big girl," I grabbed my purse that hung directly behind him. "I am perfectly capable of handling myself."

I stormed out of the room and into the hallway, making my way downstairs to wait on Dylan

Luke's POV

"I'm going to the bathroom," Destiny took off in the bathroom.

I walked over to the door, grabbing the rest of our bags.

"Oh, hey Luke," Madison stood outside. "Have you seen Destiny? I'm supposed to be sharing a room with her,"

Oh God... Is this where I get caught in my lie.

"Uh, she's staying in my room," I simply said, swallowing the lump that was forming in my throat.

"What? Why?" She asked, obviously confused.

"See, that's a funny story." I laughed sarcastically. "I may have, like... kinda sorta said that you and Ashton were sharing a room and told her that we had to share a room." I let my sentence drag out, avoiding Madison's glare.

"What? Why would you do that Luke?" She snatched me by the shoulder, turning me around.

"So that way Destiny and I might have a chance to work this out," I shyly said, barely even mumbling.

"Oh God Luke, that's not.." She paused for a second, placing her hand on her hip. "That's not going to help. You know how Destiny is, she needs her space," she shook her head at me, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Yeah, and I also know that I can't lose her. I won't lose her. There's no way I'm letting that happen Maddie," I sat down on the bed.

"You know what, fine. Do what you want," she chuckled, leaving the room.

Ugh, what am I doing? Destiny's going to end up hating me more than she already does. She's going to drop me completely.

"Yo mate, where do I put my bags?" Calum walked in.