My Protective Mate (Louis Tomlinson)

"Good morning, Liam!" I said with a smile as I walked down the hall of our pack house- well mansion. He smiled widely and stopped in front of me, embracing me in a tight hug.

"Happy birthday, Noah!" Liam said and pulled back smiling. My short stature forced me to look up just to make eye contact with him.

Oh, yes my name is Noah. It can too be a girls name! Okay, so Mom was expecting a boy pup but got me instead. Yes, I did say pup. Liam, everyone else, and I were werewolves.

I was just an average werewolf, with light brown fur when I was transformed (except for some white paws). As a human, I had long, silky hair and huge blue eyes that made me look innocent. Mom blessed me with the looks, but also cursed me with size. I stood 5'1 and weighed 101 pounds, not good for fighting, but an advantage for speed and agility.

"I hope you find your mate in our pack," Liam said with a chuckle.

I giggled. "Same here. Who here hadn't found their mates yet? Males, I mean."

He shrugged. "Well, there are over 75 males in our pack, and about 40 have found their mates. It's too hard to keep track."

I sighed. "Thanks anyway, Li. See you and Dani around, okay?"

"Sure thing birthday girl!" He said before we parted.

I had turned sixteen today, and once a female turns 16 they can find their mate. Hopefully my mate was in the pack. My crush was Louis, but he was the Alphas son, and 4 years older than me. All the mateless girls fell for him hard, including myself. No one knew though, except for my best friend Kara. Kara was mateless too, but wouldn't turn 16 until next week.

At the moment I was walking downstairs to eat breakfast. It was a madhouse at breakfast, mainly because the teen wolves would literally fight each other for some food. Me being the smallest made it hard to get a lot of food, so I always went down early. I was forced to set up the long tables though, which sucked. At least I got the food first.

The stairs would've took too long, so I jumped off the railing of the hall and landed two floors down to the main room. It hurt my feet a pinch, but free falling was fun. I blew a long strand of hair out of my face and made my way to the kitchen. On the way I passed by many males, none of them smelling like my mate. Don't push your luck, he might not even be in the pack...

But there was still that chance. The Dark Eclipse Pack had around 110 members all together, a lot of them being guys. I was lucky to be in this pack, as it was one of the strongest in the country. Anyway, I continued down the halls. When I walked into the kitchen something made me freeze.

There in the kitchen, back facing me, was Louis Tomlinson. Something was different though, I could smell it. His scent smelled so delectable and sweet, and I knew what had happened.

Mate...

My heart fluttered wildly in my chest when he stiffened. I knew he smelled me too. He turned around quickly and gasped, I did too when we made eye contact. His blue green eyes bored into me and were filled with lust and other mixed emotions. No one else was in the room except me and him.

"Mate!" He growled. "Mine!"

My cheeks reddened at those words. Before I could say anything he had walked up to me and grabbed my small waist with his big hands. I gasped when he sat me on the counter so we could be eye level. All I did was stare when he closed his eyes and took in my scent, then opened them again.

"Noah Kohen, you're mine and only mine, understand?" He said softy yet forcefully. I bit my lip and nodded at his alpha like manor.

"Say something then," he whispered. He knew my voice already, but since he was now my mate it would sound heavenly to him.

"I'm yours," I finally whispered back and he smiled really big.

"Thats right. No one else's," he told me. His thumbs traced small circles on my hips soothingly. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks..." I blushed and looked down at my bare feet. He was staring at me, examining every part of me and it made me nervous. What if he didn't think I was a good mate?

"You're beautiful Noah," I heard him mumble, and blushed more. My, what a drastic change in plans. I hadn't thought that Louis would be my mate. But he was, and I could feel the strong pull bringing us closer. That strong pulling feeling wouldn't stop until we mated.

"I was kinda hoping that my mate would be you," he said.

I looked up and got lost in his eyes again. "What?"

He smirked. "You heard me."

"Out of all the prettier girls that threw themselves at you, and you chose me?" I asked shocked.

He frowned at me. "No girl is prettier than you, personality wise and physically. You never threw yourself at me like the other girls, and your so sweet and kind to others. Why would I want anyone else but you?"

I shrugged and looked down at my feet again. Lou chuckled at me before leaning his face down closer to mine. Tingles shot through me when his soft lips came in contact with my cheek.

"Oh how I want your lips so badly," he whispered in my ear. "But I don't want to do that just now. "

"O-Okay," I stuttered, a little disappointed and nervous.

His hand cupped my chin, his thumb running over the cheek he just kissed. "Don't be nervous around me. You're mine now, and will always be mine. Okay?"

His alpha side was going crazy right now, which is why he was so dominant. I bet the fact that I was so small made him even more protective and possessive.

"Let's go tell everyone the news Noah!" He said excitingly. I giggle and nodded my head. Louis's normal side was taking over, the funny cute side. I liked that and his alpha one very much.

He was mine and I was his. I loved the sound of that.

~*~

Attention: I know this is very cliche and poorly written! Well guess what? I named myself cliche for a reason at the time because I knew this whole story idea was cliche and kinda overused, I just wrote it because it made me happy! But now, future me is changing it up so it won't be as cliche as all the other werewolf stories out there.

I like the whole dominance and possessive thing, and if you don't, you can kindly not read my story. Just because it has that stuff in it doesn't mean it'll be a horrible read.

I think I've improved as a writer, as you'll be able to tell in future chapters, and I have more mature thoughts. I was fourteen when I wrote this, but now I'm sixteen. I'm taking AP English classes that help me with my writing so it'll be more enjoyable for you werewolf and One Direction fans.

Lastly, I'll get to editing this chapter so it'll run smoothly, but that won't be for a while. Hopefully I don't put it off like I did when updating this book.

Thank you to those who support me and my writing :)

(A/N: 2016 me: I REALLY NEED TO HIRE AN EDITOR OR SOMETHING BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE A REAL MESS TO CLEAN UP!!!!)