Reunions Are Enchanting

After completing the usual tasks - brushing my hair, brushing my teeth, getting my purple/pink armor on - I headed down to the treasure room.
You see, after the Witherstorm destructed basically everything; we couldn't just stay in what was left of our demolished treehouse - so we moved into the Orders palace. Axel loved the idea of this glamorous upgrade but Olivia wasn't so keen as she didn't feel right about starting again somewhere new. I understood that.
However, it's hard not to love this place. What with memorials and banners and treasures everywhere - it's a room of the past that can never be forgotten. I appreciated that.
Rubbing my eyes, I walked up the stairs and stood on the central viewing platform. There, there were books and enchantments and brewing equipment sprawled about. Typical Ivor. It seemed he already had something on the go. I leaned closer to get a better look when I heard a familiar "Jesse!"
I spun around quickly to see my goofy, tall, but awesome other best-friend Axel walking in happily, accompanied by Olivia and... oh my god.
"Look who we found!" Axel exclaimed.
You would think with the length of the treasure room hall I wouldn't be able to see but this is one sight I didn't need to look closely at. Because I knew who it was.
"Hi Jesse" she spoke, but with nerve.
I hadn't seen Petra in almost a month now. She looked the same though - still wearing the blue and yellow armor that Ivor gave her and she still let her strawberry-blonde hair fall straight past her shoulders.
"Hi.." another voice spoke, but with more awkwardness rather than nerve. That was Lukas. One of my friends. Well ex-friend.
Lukas was a former member of the Ocelots and who had embarked on the quest with me to defeat the Witherstorm. Unfortunately, things hadn't gone so well when he abandoned us and the others to save his friends. Friends that had taunted me, Axel, Olivia AND Reuben for years.
My eyes blinked in surprise "H-hi.. what.." I began to ask "what are they doing here?" but Olivia cut in. "We're in trouble Jesse. Big trouble."
"Why?" I asked in confusion.
"Petra and I ran into Aiden and the Oce-uh Blaze Rods" Lukas began, sounding more apprehensive rather than awkward now. But this was to do with whatever had happened, not their fight.
But the Blaze Rods? Had they kicked Lukas out or something?
"Apparently Maya saw you carrying something on your way back from the Temple. It seemed pretty important according to what she told us"
"Oh... what did she tell you?" The nerves were killing me. I hope she didn't tell them.
"Oh what?" Axel pondered toward me.
"Wait you spoke to her?" Olivia did the same.
After a moment, I sighed "When the both of you were dealing with Ivor's lava house the other night, I snuck back to the temple to see if I could find out anything more about the flint and steel. That's when I ran into Maya"
"Flint and steel? That's what they were after?" Petra asked, sounding disappointed. If there was one thing Petra loved, it was worthy treasure. Not just any old loot like Axel liked.
"It's not just any steel. It's enchanted" I replied. Wow the first conversation we had in a month. Weird. I must've sounded slightly too harsh as her eyes widened at my reply.
"What did Maya say?" Lukas questioned.
"Did.. did she not tell you?"
"No..."
"Oh well, she wanted to see what it was. I told her it was mine and she had to get her own. She tried wrestling me for it but I got away. That's all I know."

Liar, Jesse.

"That must've been why Aiden was so wound up about it" Lukas nodded, making sense of the situation in his own way. He continued on "Well now Aiden is furious about it and he wants this flint and steel. Badly."
Axel chuckled "Like he could ever be furious"
I scoffed slightly, looking at Axel "That's true. The only angry thing I could compare him to is a chihuahua on a bad day"
"That may have been true before but he's.. different. He looks way more psychotic and and to be honest scary" Lukas admitted, worried.
"Well.. you don't have to worry about uim because he's NOT getting the enchanted flint and steel" Axel assured him, folding his arms.
Suddenly, the door to the left opened. There stood Ivor - the reformed villain who created the Witherstorm. None of us really trusted him or the Order for that matter after the lie about the Ender dragon but he did give us a home which was nice.
"What enchanted flint and steel?"
Now Ivor knew, this was bound to get interesting. But at least no one knew what really went down with Maya and I. Thank goodness.