Sex had not been on my agenda tonight, and maybe part of me wasn't ready for the intimate connection it would establish between us, but in that very moment I couldn't give a rats ass.

One of his hands remained on my waist as the other slid up my bare leg, beneath the hem of my dress and even further, until I was quivering in anticipation as he stroked his hand on the inside of my thigh. He was so close... so close to where I wanted him to be, but apparently Luca had decided tonight to go slow. Could he be anymore frustrating?!

My hands fisted in his hair and his eyes shot to mine, and because I was so turned on I had trouble utilizing my words, I hoped my eyes conveyed everything I wanted him to know. His slow sexy grin made me do an entire body-shudder, and just as his hand slid further up the inside of my thigh and he was so close to where I needed him, the moment was interrupted by the shrill sound of a phone ringing. Luca growled and turned his head to glare at the coffee-table just as the ringing stopped, only for it to start up again a second later.

"Fuck," The curse was clipped, his hand disappeared and he pulled me up so we were both sitting on the couch, my body tucked into his side as he reached for his phone and I watched his face get tight and his eyes turn dark as he looked at the screen before putting the phone to his ear.

"Give me a second," apparently, whoever he was talking to had that second to give because Luca turned his eyes to me and his voice was gentle when he ordered, "get ready for bed, mi amor, I'll meet you there." Usually I didn't take kindly to being ordered around by him, but whatever this was about I decided it was best to just do as he said and nodded before pressing my lips gently against his and untangling myself from his embrace.

As I walked down the hall of his condo to get to his bedroom, I heard him return to his call and suppressed the urge to press myself against the wall and listen in on the call. I suspected whatever it was had something to do with Luca's ominous premonition of "war", and it was obvious he wanted to protect me from all that, and I figured he would tell me if there was something I really needed to know.

On that note I walked into his bedroom, not hesitating before crossing the room to his big dresser and digging around until I found one of his t-shirts to sleep in, before taking it with me into the bathroom to get changed and take care of business. Slipping my dress over my head, I pulled on his large black tee that fell all the way down mid-thigh and pulled my hair into a loose bun so it wouldn't be so crazy in the morning. Stealing his toothbrush, I leaned my hip against the basin and thought back on everything that had happened the past few days.

Luca hadn't been kidding about Casper and Gio, they followed me everywhere and even stayed outside my apartment at night. I felt sorry for them, figured the job of babysitting the bosses fiance probably wasn't all that much fun, but in the three days they'd been my shadows, I'd gotten to know them a little better and discovered they were both pretty good guys. Sure, they were gangsters, and they were both a little scary, but Gio was hilarious and Casper was like an annoying older brother who was always up in my business.

The other day I was out shopping with Letty, who for some reason thought my entire situation was hilarious, and as we made our way through the lingerie-section at H&M Times Square, Gio was never more than five feet behind us and he was scowling the entire time. This Letty also thought was hilarious, but I did try to make up for his pain by offering to buy him lunch, which he then promptly refused and told me Luca would skin him alive if he let me spend money on him. Which I told him was ridiculous, it was my money to spend and Luca couldn't decide who I spent it on, and the only response to that was a twitch of his lips, a small shake of his head and if I wasn't completely mistaken, an affectionate look.

"Wait until I tell your cousin about this, he's going to laugh his ass off," We were sitting in the courtyard outside my parents house when Letty told me this, and I scowled at her as I shoved a grape in my mouth. My mom it seemed, had settled into the fact that Luca was forever more to become a permanent fixture in my life, and therefore hers as well, so she was planning a big family dinner where Luca was expected to sit at her table and I was kind of freaking out about that when she told me.